Is this true? (about Wii Preorder)

Discussion in 'Games' started by chairguru22, Sep 16, 2006.

1. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

If that is true, we should all boycott ebgames and gamestop. Because that's insane.

I'll be probably preordering my off amazon or if I can, picking one up at a local sam goody. But if they pull that to, #@$ them! :D

3. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I didn't bother reading the thread judging by from what you said. This is NOT true... they would never make you trade in your games just to pre-order something.

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I have no idea if that's true, but that's complete bull if it is. Well, i hate Gamestop and EBgames anyway, so it looks like i'll be paying Circuit City a visit on launch day :)

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past them. There are reports of individual stores taking pre-orders on store credit only, though.

6. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

From what I saw over on Digg, it's a local thing. Some people have called their local stores and they're not doing that, but the poster does look legit.

7. mac000 macrumors 6502a

8. Malus macrumors 6502

I just traded in $150 of games/systems to gamestop on thursday. I put it on a card for credit. If this is true they best let me use it or else I'm gonna make a scene. I even kept my reciept just in case!!

I dont know what the big deal is...I mean they take games/systems/dvds/cds now so i mean you have alot of choices. Plus just sell your GC that has to be at least $40 trade in value. Cause wii playes GC games. I'm going in Monday after work at 4pm to see if this is whats goin down.

9. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I don't get it. They are acting like this is some sort of elite thing to preorder a Wii to get one for launch day. This is a company, bottom line, therefore they should try to make their customers happy because WE are the ones doing them a service by buying from them. They are limiting who can preorder the system. Example: my friend doesn't own any game systems, he DOES want to preorder a Wii. How can he do this if he doesn't have a bunch of old games and stuff to trade in? Thanks gamestop, you just made me take my business elsewhere.

10. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

this is completely stupid if it is true. I never get rid of my games, nor will I get rid of my gamecube even if wii can play gc titles. I'll probably just order it from amazon or something. :cool:

11. strubwii macrumors newbie

strubwii

That sucks if you live in Hawaii or Guam. I would find another store if they did that here. I may still end up getting it at Walmart if EBgames doesn't do preorders. My local EB never gets a huge allotment of consoles compared to Walmart and Bestbuy.

12. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I probably will just get it at Target or Best Buy on launch day. I was planning on pre-ordering at EB/Gamestop but I won't with the $50 required trade-in.

13. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

ass? hell?

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The GameCube will be the first system I ever get rid of- because the Wii is smaller and has all the same ports, I'll just swap their place in my setup :)

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Seems bizarre that they would want you to trade in rather than accept cash. I hope gamestop dont do somthing as bizzare this side of the atlantic.

16. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I'm keeping my Cube as it'll be perfect downstairs!
    But if I have to sell it to convince my parents to let me get a Wii, then I will. But I hope not. :D