Is this true for MWNY? I think so!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by MacAztec, Jul 12, 2002.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Ok, look. You guys all know me, and I don't ever go around saying "I know a guy from Apple that says..."

I have been talking to someone on Carracho though. A product reviewer for MacWorld magazine and such. He told me that I could download anything I wanted and be a member if I gave him an episode of Star Trek. He said he is leaving for New York on Sunday, and wants to watch the Episodes in his hotel.

We agreed on a deal, and I asked him what he thought was going to come for MWNY. Here is the convo:

Him: yes I know a bit... log off then on and I will tell you a few things
    (So I logged off and signed on my admin account...)

Him: I gave you the priv of viewing drop boxes, that's where 6C87 is, and it is 95% GM, you'll love it.

Me: What is GM?

Him: Golden Master, or Final Version

Me: You a mac freak like me?

Him: have been since 1984. I'm 40 :-(

Him: I'll tell you a few....
    First, Nick dePlume is all wrong, then again, he's just trying to piss apple off now, so don't listen to him...<more>

Him: Here are some things...

iTunes is going to be updated in Jaguar to handle WAV and AIFF encoding, you'll see that in this build....now you can rip a CD into WAVs and turn WAVs into MP3's...

iPod is going to 20GB, but I think most people knew that...

iMovie 3

New PowerMacs, now I haven't seen them, but I was told to expect brushed metal, squarish cases

Him: There are some other things, big things, but I just can't say, it's too big to spoil the surprise

Me: Can I have a clue :)

Him: low-end 1Ghz, but I don't know if they are going much past that. I was told to expect Dual processors across the board.

Want a clue to the BIG "one more thing...."

Inkwell

Me: Which episode do you want?

Him: ShockWave

Me: Thats the name???

Him: yes, Shockwave or one called 'Terra Nova', or if you can't get those, then one called "Unexpected"

Him: Oh, all Macs beginning with the Towers will have bluetooth built in

Me: So you mean the towers will go first, and the rest of the line will be updated with time?

Him: yep, the rest in the Fall. One new iMac bump, top of the line goes to 1Ghz with blutooth, but the rest stay the same, or so I heard

Him: iMac is staying at 15", not 17"

Me: What about Jaguar?

Him: Well, it will be announced for August 1st, which is only like 10 days after the show

Him: it will be done (Jaguar), that is what steve is going to say, he'll give a demo and then say "And it's done"... but it won't ship until August 1st

Him: it's not a free update..It's going to remain 2-CD's too,
    I'm not going to put up the final version, I want Apple to make some money on it.

Him: It's going to be a real cool 2-CD package, very impressive looking...
    I heard it will be $29.99 for an update, $99 for the full version

And the rest of the conversation was about the server and such. I don't know, but this sounds REALLY good to me!!!

2. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Expect the worst,...

...hope for the best, and take anything on Carracho with a grain of salt. Still... it does sound quite possible. AIFF and WAV iTunes should be confirmable, I think I may post over on macnn and get someone to check.

3. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Uhhhh...

Well, I just got an idea. You know most Windoze users use WAV files, and it said you can convert it to MP3 and back and forth in iTunes. Expect a PC iPod?

Hehe, Im on my dads couch right now with his Pismo wirelessly typing and watching Star Trek. I love this!

4. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

I really hope this is true. I'd love to see Jaguar as soon as August 1st.

Bill

5. neilt macrumors regular

.wav in itunes

Billiam - I grew up in Winter Park! although if people ask i tell them i am from Orlando!

I just launched itunes, and it does have import settings for aiff and wav now (6c87)

here is a snap of the help file describing it:

Attached Files:

• wav.jpg
      wav.jpg
      File size:
      40.1 KB
      Views:
  6. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

7. job macrumors 68040

job

I thought the current version of iTunes already supported WAV and AIFF encoding? :confused:

8. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

9. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

Re: .wav in itunes

Really, cool! I actually grew up in Maine, but now I'm going to school at Rollins. I love Winter Park, great little city with the perfect location.

Bill

10. job macrumors 68040

job

I can choose WAV and AIFF if I go to Prefs. then Import and then choose using the drop-down menu. :confused:

I already burned a WAV CD for a friend using iTunes and it worked.

11. fitzg2md05 macrumors newbie

hmmm

sounds plausible. Then again, my logical side is wondering if this guys not just some random guy saying he has info so he can get a free episode of trek. I guess well known soon...

12. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I liked Shockwave, the second part should be interesting. Terra Nova I didn't care for as much. Unexpected wasn't the greatest episode but it was a pleasant diversion.

13. job macrumors 68040

job

Check this out. I'm running 9.2 on my brothers computer plus iTunes 2.1 (I think) and I searched Help and tada :

Attached Files:

14. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Asurace...

Can I get those episodes from you SOMEHOW PLZZ!!!!

15. job macrumors 68040

job

Re: Asurace...

Ehm, no one seems to have answered my question. What's the deal with iTunes?

hitman

16. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Re: Asurace...

Sorry but I don't archive them. I just watched them on UPN a few months ago. Check out Limewire if you want to dl them. I don't know where to get them on tape.

17. big macrumors 65816

big

>The worst ever avatar designer

mine was worse, no wonder I lost the Avatar contest...thought was there ever an official ruling I missed?

on the rumors...I am buying a new Mac once they hit 1.5 dual or above, time to trade in the B&W G3...
    [note earlier posts]so I can Surf the Web faster[/note earlier posts]

18. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

6C87 is not the final version due to the fact 6C92 is already starting to leak :)

I'm working hard to get a hold of that, I have 6C87 on my server now so if u don't have it from him yet it's on mine ;)

19. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Yeah but he said it's 95% GM. Just a thought...

20. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

we'll know for sure in 4 days but this is about the best-case scenario this guy is describing, ins't it?

Jaguar (and QT6???) on Aug. 1

PowerMacs with redesigned case (brushed metal?!) and starting at dual 1 ghz, going up to 1.4 or 1.5 ghz I presume

iMac SE with 1ghz G4 and 17" LCD

ipod update; itunes update; imovie update--small potatoes

one more thing: Apple Tablet

That would make me very happy...but like I said, this would be the best case scenario, and best case scenarios never happen at MacWorlds

21. big macrumors 65816

big

naw, even without a case redesign (small potatoes), best case would be major processer, ram & board upgrades, and dissapointing if otherwise

22. King Cobra macrumors 603

All right, titman! :D

Since iTunes 1 the program has supported AIFF, WAV and mp3 format to be played through the application. Aztec was simply mentioning the fact that iTunes would now be able to burn to a CD in .wav format instead of .aiff.

If you want to choose the type of file you want to have/listen to, go to iTunes, Preferences, Importing and select the type of encoder for the file type you want. (I would recommend sharpened for you! :eek: :D) Then go to Advanced, convert to [file type] and select the file.

23. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

if you are using any build of 10.1 then this is impossible. i think you are a little confused. iTunes can IMPORT wav and aiff just fine. BUT it can only encode as mp3. for burning, it can burn an mp3 CD or an audio music CD. an audio CD is not the same as a wav or aiff file.

24. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

one more thing...

You know what the "big surprise" sounds like to me? A writable, tablet-style LCD display, like Sony has. The clues? Inkwell and the stupid digital Picture Frame rumors. I'm disappoited about the lack of big PowerMac news.

25. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

Found "Him"

I think I found the guy's server on Carracho. The one that started this thread and the first post calls the guy "Him". His nickname on Carracho is Kosmo. His server name is Enterprise-Jaguar. He wants the episodes that MacAztec said. His news says:

Date: 7/12/02, 9:17 PM

6C87 is 99% GM. You will not find a thing wrong with this build. I just know Jaguar is done and Steve is going to say so next week, there are at least 30 things that are different in this verion over 85.

This is very similar to :
    Him: it will be done (Jaguar), that is what steve is going to say, he'll give a demo and then say "And it's done"... but it won't ship until August 1st

MacAztec, Please tell me if this is the guy.
    :D