is time moving fast, slow, or normal for you?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by shecky, Mar 11, 2008.

?

how is time moving for you?

1. slow; each day takes forever to be over

17 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. normal; everything seems to be at the right pace

20 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. fast; the days fly by

71 vote(s)
    65.7%
  1. Guest

shecky

i always go through a roller coaster in my life where sometimes it feels like the days are dragging by and each day takes a week. other times it feels like each day is only a couple of hours long and before i know it, another week has passed.

at the moment i am so busy i find it hard to believe how quickly the days are flying by. its like there is not enough time to get everything done. its a good thing that im so busy but at the same time i wanna break :)

you?

2. macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

right now its super fast. its hard for me to think that i really only have about a month and a half left, then i have finished a year of college already...seems like it just started!

3. macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

It's hard to say... it's slow and fast.

Right now, it feels slow... I have a lot to look forward to (spring break, panic's new album..) and it's taking looong. Graduation seems so far away... is it June yet?

But then I look back, and it's like damn... only 70 days left?!?! Wow.....

And then my day in general is slow and fast. While I'm at school it's slow... then I come home, pop open the Macbook and it's suddenly midnight and I've done no homework :D Senioritis is a bitch.

4. macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

way too fast.............

Life seems to go by faster and faster, there just doesn' seem to be enough hour's in the day,i remember back in the day (blows dust off memories :p ) when i was a kid, we had the 6 weeks summer holidays from school, it lasted forever, but nowadays, that kinda period of time fly's by, especially when sat at my Mac. Occasionally on a sunday when i'm spending family time taking the kids out or we take a walk in the park then that day seems long but generally whoosh time goes past way too fast :( i guess it's our modern lifestyles compared to how it used to be............

5. macrumors Core

right now things are in a weird funk for me. some days fly others drag. and there is no seemingly rhyme or reason for it either. i just go with it. today has dragged while yesterday was an eyeblink.

6. macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Since it's Winter and all, time has been dragging by really slow for me. Winter is a pretty depressing time, IMO. We have had A LOT of really dreary and snowy/rainy days this year and it sucks. The weather severely affects my mood and when it's all crappy like it has been, the time drags by.

In general, though, time seems to be FLYING by. I can't believe I'm 24. It's really weird. My Senior year of High School doesn't seem like it's been almost 6 years ago.

Time is a funny thing. :confused:

7. macrumors regular

It's my senior year in high school, and it's CRAZY how fast these past four years have gone by. When I was younger I always thought I'd never see it to be a senior in high school for some reason. In fact, just a few days ago, I was on YouTube just watching some old music videos from the early '00s. It was quite depressing, actually. It seems like yesterday I was singing "I'm blue da ba dee daba diee", and now I'm getting ready to go to college. :eek:

8. bov
    macrumors 6502

yep yep.......... my first year of college is almost over already. pretty amazing how fast it went.

9. macrumors 6502a

Martin C

I would say that this week is moving pretty normal. I just hope these next three days fly by so I can get some two weeks of spring break goodness.

10. macrumors 68000

I'd say that special relativity makes this poll pointless, since time and space are perceived differently by observers in different states of motion. ;)

11. macrumors G3

Sesshi

No, becuase he asked about relative opinions.

For me it's pretty static. I've always thought time goes by too quickly.

12. macrumors 68000

But if everyone's opinion is bound to be different because everyone perceives time differently, what's the point of asking? :)

13. macrumors G3

Sesshi

If there is no point in asking, then there is no point in this forum existing since it is based around the discussion of subjective relativity. (or is that relative subjectivity? :confused:)

14. macrumors 65816

Roger1

It's currently moving slow for me. This spring forward stuff really messes with my internal clock.

15. macrumors regular

Apemanblues

It gets faster as I get older.

16. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^^Agreed.

The only people who would pick the 1st option are young people. I'm 27, and I really notice how quickly things change. I've lived outside my country now for 4 years, and it feels like 2 years.

17. macrumors regular

Unfortunately, the days go by fast for me... And I think they go faster and faster year by year... Maybe as you getting older you become more busy. And while you are getting more busy time moves faster...
    I think we should work for being more happy every day and make our lives more interesting and joyful. It will cover the speed of the days going by.. ;)

18. macrumors newbie

Time moving second by second

Time sometimes flies and sometimes moves second to second.

Now second to second

19. macrumors 601

Wow. Deep.

;)

20. macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

It seems like ever since I got married, time has flown by. I don't know where the last 4 years of my life have gone.

Right now, time is going by slow because I am looking forward to WWDC. But after that, time will start flying by again.

21. macrumors 604

anjinha

Right now it's extremely slow.

22. macrumors Core

Dagless

Pretty much normal here. But that's probably because nothings really going on right now. I'm waiting on a few potential business things to kick up, but until then I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

23. macrumors 6502

I honestly think time is flying, my high school graduation is in a few hours.

24. macrumors 601

BornAgainMac

You can also adjust it in real time. Thinking about the waiting for the new iPhones? Then time will slow down. Have a full weekend to play WOW? Then time speeds up.

25. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

They go by pretty fast for me. I can't believe it is already June.