Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

how is time moving for you?

• slow; each day takes forever to be over

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • normal; everything seems to be at the right pace

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • fast; the days fly by

Votes: 71 65.7%

• Total voters

shecky

Original poster
May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
i always go through a roller coaster in my life where sometimes it feels like the days are dragging by and each day takes a week. other times it feels like each day is only a couple of hours long and before i know it, another week has passed.

at the moment i am so busy i find it hard to believe how quickly the days are flying by. its like there is not enough time to get everything done. its a good thing that im so busy but at the same time i wanna break :)

you?

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
i always go through a roller coaster in my life where sometimes it feels like the days are dragging by and each day takes a week. other times it feels like each day is only a couple of hours long and before i know it, another week has passed.

at the moment i am so busy i find it hard to believe how quickly the days are flying by. its like there is not enough time to get everything done. its a good thing that im so busy but at the same time i wanna break :)

you?

right now its super fast. its hard for me to think that i really only have about a month and a half left, then i have finished a year of college already...seems like it just started!

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
It's hard to say... it's slow and fast.

Right now, it feels slow... I have a lot to look forward to (spring break, panic's new album..) and it's taking looong. Graduation seems so far away... is it June yet?

But then I look back, and it's like damn... only 70 days left?!?! Wow.....

And then my day in general is slow and fast. While I'm at school it's slow... then I come home, pop open the Macbook and it's suddenly midnight and I've done no homework :D Senioritis is a bitch.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
way too fast.............

Life seems to go by faster and faster, there just doesn' seem to be enough hour's in the day,i remember back in the day (blows dust off memories :p ) when i was a kid, we had the 6 weeks summer holidays from school, it lasted forever, but nowadays, that kinda period of time fly's by, especially when sat at my Mac. Occasionally on a sunday when i'm spending family time taking the kids out or we take a walk in the park then that day seems long but generally whoosh time goes past way too fast :( i guess it's our modern lifestyles compared to how it used to be............

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
right now things are in a weird funk for me. some days fly others drag. and there is no seemingly rhyme or reason for it either. i just go with it. today has dragged while yesterday was an eyeblink.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
Since it's Winter and all, time has been dragging by really slow for me. Winter is a pretty depressing time, IMO. We have had A LOT of really dreary and snowy/rainy days this year and it sucks. The weather severely affects my mood and when it's all crappy like it has been, the time drags by.

In general, though, time seems to be FLYING by. I can't believe I'm 24. It's really weird. My Senior year of High School doesn't seem like it's been almost 6 years ago.

Time is a funny thing. :confused:

OnlyMarcusCannn

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
It's my senior year in high school, and it's CRAZY how fast these past four years have gone by. When I was younger I always thought I'd never see it to be a senior in high school for some reason. In fact, just a few days ago, I was on YouTube just watching some old music videos from the early '00s. It was quite depressing, actually. It seems like yesterday I was singing "I'm blue da ba dee daba diee", and now I'm getting ready to go to college. :eek:

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
I would say that this week is moving pretty normal. I just hope these next three days fly by so I can get some two weeks of spring break goodness.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
I'd say that special relativity makes this poll pointless, since time and space are perceived differently by observers in different states of motion. ;)

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
If there is no point in asking, then there is no point in this forum existing since it is based around the discussion of subjective relativity. (or is that relative subjectivity? :confused:)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
^^^Agreed.

The only people who would pick the 1st option are young people. I'm 27, and I really notice how quickly things change. I've lived outside my country now for 4 years, and it feels like 2 years.

nikopolidis

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
Unfortunately, the days go by fast for me... And I think they go faster and faster year by year... Maybe as you getting older you become more busy. And while you are getting more busy time moves faster...
I think we should work for being more happy every day and make our lives more interesting and joyful. It will cover the speed of the days going by.. ;)

ken22000

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2009
Time moving second by second

Time sometimes flies and sometimes moves second to second.

Now second to second

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
It seems like ever since I got married, time has flown by. I don't know where the last 4 years of my life have gone.

Right now, time is going by slow because I am looking forward to WWDC. But after that, time will start flying by again.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Pretty much normal here. But that's probably because nothings really going on right now. I'm waiting on a few potential business things to kick up, but until then I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
You can also adjust it in real time. Thinking about the waiting for the new iPhones? Then time will slow down. Have a full weekend to play WOW? Then time speeds up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.