Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Nspace said:
I have always thought the coloured clam shell laptops and imacs with the colours have looked extremely tacky and stupid.
It's a thing that's entirely in the eye of the beholder, though....and I do confess a strange affinity for the clamshell iBooks, at least in some colors. I'm trying to avoid the temptation to buy the Lime one off Mac of all Trades and try and shovel a slot-loading Combo drive in it somehow, just because I think it'd be cool to have a clamshell with a slot-loading CD burner. :eek:

I don't think white is the new beige; right now Apple's still the only one putting out pure-white computers. Everyone else seems to be doing the black-and-silver thing, or shifting to silver.

I actually like the white better as a neutral than the beige....makes it easy to accessorize with bold colors. :D

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
sony has desktops which are an off-white with grey hues to it...not really that bad

sony is the only company in the pc world, besides some really high enders like alien, that don't need to copy apple inc...their styles are decent enough though not quite to the level of apple

but then again, nobody has achieved apple's great industrial design

now if apple made their computers come out with more ram on most of their lines and even just reduced their list prices 10%, then many people on the fence who see macs as expensive computers with less (ram, video card, bundled software) might be won over to our side

not much can be done with the video card situation since ati and nvidia seem to be content with coming up with a pc version of their card first before a mac version

but for most of us, not into extreme gaming, the video card delay is not that much of an issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.