Is World of Warcraft screwing with keyboard shortcuts?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Azmodon, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Azmodon macrumors member

Jul 3, 2005
    Hampton Roads, Virginia
    Ever since I started playing this game, the display controls on the F keys (F9 - F12) have stopped working. After checking out what's what on the keyboard menu in the sytem properties (or whatever), I found that the shortcuts were disabled. Re-enabling 'em, I went back to whatever it was I was doing. A day or so later, after another run of WoW, the shortcuts were disabled again...

Is WoW screwing with my keyboard shortcuts?
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    I also play WoW, and I've found my shortcuts disabled once or twice too. I'd never made the connection with WoW though.

I don't use them much, but they're disabled right now.

Edit: In fact, they've been disabled for at least a couple of days - I was surprised to successfully use F12 in a Windows app (via remote desktop) without Dashboard opening. I never even considered that the shortcut was disabled though.
  3. ldenman macrumors regular

Jul 20, 2005
    now that i think about it, when i used to play wow the same thing would happen to me!
    Since not playing it, it has stopped.
  4. Jsmit macrumors regular

Sep 10, 2004
    I was about to post this same thing earlier... but didn't have time.

I have noticed that it is temporarily fixed if you either change the settings back manually or restart the computer. It is starting to bug me, since I use the ThotBot search widget.

It really does seem to be WoW doing it, but it does not do it all the time.
  5. cvalda macrumors member

Nov 27, 2005
    chicago, il
    That's never happened to me. I'm on 15" PB (Rev. B? I got it in September) and I play all the time.
  6. Verto macrumors 6502a

Jul 20, 2005
    Denton, TX
    Yeah, WoW would disable them for me as well. Really annoying to have to set them all again and again.
  7. applemacdude macrumors 68040

Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow
    a gm told me this will be addressed in the next mac patch