is WoW the best

Discussion in 'Games' started by dylan6950204, Nov 22, 2006.

1. dylan6950204 macrumors member

dylan6950204

i personaly think world of war craft is the best game becuse it suplys the most funn and for 15$ a moth u probly play close to 20 hours a week (depending on ur situation) so for outher reasons and the ones i provided i think WoW is the best coputer game there is...... if u disagree tell me what game u think is the best and y

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

3. dylan6950204 thread starter macrumors member

dylan6950204

so umm u agree or dissagree

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

yeh bt $1 5 a mnth in't al tat cool aftr liek 10 moths of pying 4 it.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I think I stopped understanding phone speak. Please try again. Thank you.

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I think he was refering to the difficulting in reading your post.

I don't think WoW is the best game. I find it to be very boring, after years of playing I finally canceled my account a few months ago. Everytime I log in.. damn even thinking about it right now makes me want to go to sleep.

And I don't have 20 hours a week to dedicate to playing. I'm lucky if I could find 1/4 of that time.

I prefer games that I can play for 1-2 hours at a time, pause when I need to, and go back to in a few weeks and not feel like I've lost out because guildmember-X has "teh w00t gear". Whatever.

7. dylan6950204 thread starter macrumors member

dylan6950204

umm ok phone speak???

8. p0intblank macrumors 68030

9. dylan6950204 thread starter macrumors member

dylan6950204

yeah i use it for evry thing and its hard to remember to outher people but easy to me becuse its my old phone number

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm referring to the dropping of vowels and compression of words which makes reading very difficult indeed.

11. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Text messaging.

12. shortyjj macrumors regular

After playing for years, I've just recently developed this problem that causes me to fall asleep during *every single raid*. Maybe because I've done Onyxia, BWL, MC hundreds of times... who knows.

Fun? Maybe. Pointless? Definitely.

Yet everybody keeps on playing.

13. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Yeah.. scary isn't it? I'm sure BC will reignite my interest for a little bit.. but just a little bit. The thought of having another character to level.. ugh, yawn.

14. dylan6950204 thread starter macrumors member

dylan6950204

i hope the game stays interesting for a while

15. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I suspect it will for someone of the younger persuasion (you) as opposed to an old jaded soul like myself.

16. fall3n macrumors 6502

it's a fun game, but i pitty those who feel they have to have the "w00t gear" or be the best because they need to have the largest e-penis. They can waste their lives away. If you play for several hours a week it can remain fun and not eat your life away, that's what I do. I've quit a couple times, but always seem to come back a year later; so it must be fun.

17. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

the "w00t gearz" is applicable to all MMOs. People get cocky because they have leet gears and basically are a@#*&#! to everyone else even new people in the game. I played WoW for a month or two, as I started I got challenge to a duel being a noob I was ok. Died, rinse, repeat. I was a Human priest. The game is ok but to overwhelming for casual gamer like myself. I like Ragnarok Online just simple game with anime style to it but that game has its flaws.

But has anyone heard of WarHammer the compitition of WoW

18. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

I personally wouldn't pay more than 50 cents a moth. For $15 I expect a really nice butterfly.

19. fall3n macrumors 6502

but obviously there are many people that would. Otherwise the game wouldn't be the most popular MMO with something like over 7 million users ;)

20. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Sort of off-topic but I have heard about 3rd party (i.e. not Blizzard run) servers that operate on donations or pay-for-play of a few $'s a month. Anyone have any experience with anything like that?

21. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its not the best. but its good. i've only recently started playing so everything is still new to me and i've yet to lvl a character to 60 so i'm still enjoying myself and i don't play for hours on end.

its a fun game but not the be-all end-all. but good in my opinion.

22. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

While I've heard rumors, I cannot imagine HOW someone would get the code from blizzard to run a WoW server without violating some sort of NDA or SLA or LA. Something with an A.

23. fall3n macrumors 6502

My friend has tried this out. It's all free, but illegal of course. He never played the real game, too cheap. He said it was fun, but i imagine it wouldn't be nearly as good as there are not as many people playing. Thats the whole point of the game, to play with a lot of other people, otherwise it would just be boring like Morrowind.

24. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

I've stopped playing WoW, but the first time I ever took a flight (from Ogrimmar to Thunder Bluff) I was amazed. I still fondly remember experiences like those.

On the other hand, I also remember getting gang ganked, and horrible drawn out n00b dungeon runs... and walking for 10-15 minutes to get somewhere... and I remember why I don't play anymore.

And to the OP (original poster): that was one of the worst posts I'd ever read. Please go back to first grade and learn how to formulate words and sentences.

25. fall3n macrumors 6502

You guys need to go easy on this guy, perhaps he's dyslexic or something of the such? I have a dyslexic friend and his typing on MSN is much the same, but in real life he's perfectly normal.