is WWDC going to be live?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacManiac1224, Jun 8, 2003.

1. MacManiac1224 macrumors regular

I have never seen anywhere that WWDC was going to be a live streaming event, am I wrong? I am just curious, becasue if they are releasing the 970 in machines, wouldn't they do it in a live broadcast?

2. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

To my knowledge, no.
    I can remember when they announced the death of Dev' OS 9 they had individual news companies (CNN.com) host recordings of sections.

I may be wrong, I don't normally follow WWDC but this time (because of the 970) I will.

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

Re: is WWDC going to be live?

if you're so interested in the 970, and perhaps in Panther why dont you become an ADC member and go? A WWDC keynote is radically different from a Macworld keynote, especially with the more technical stuff because they're geared towards developers, not the average Mac user. This is the first WWDC where they're announcing something like the 970, usually they only announce stuff that a standard Mac user would never buy, such as the Xserve. And there's a reason for that pricey WWDC e-ticket, they don't want mac fanatics and ordinary people to drop by just to see Steve announce the 970. If Apple actually decided to do a live broadcast I will be very surprised. :rolleyes: :p
    I don't think Apple ever did a live streaming WWDC event, but they do have some WWDC 2002 sample videos that you can see by becoming an online ADC member (http://connect.apple.com).

4. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: Re: is WWDC going to be live?

that's kind of like saying, "well if you like it so much, why don't you marry it?" there's a radical difference between wanting to watch a stream of the event and paying out the arse to get plane tickets, adc membership, and tickets to the event. you said it yourself, they are pricey to keep out normal enthusiasts. just burst his bubble, say no, don't insult everyone's lack of affluence :p

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

Re: Re: Re: is WWDC going to be live?

sheesh shadow i apologize :p
    adc premiere membership comes with a ticket, the wwdc tickets come with an ADC membership (otherwise they're not giving panther to you how nuts is that :p)
    there isn't that much of a difference between watching a stream and actually going either :rolleyes:
    but you are right :p

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Hmmm...

To have or not have a live streaming broadcast of the next generation of consumer/pro Macs...

Would be rather odd not to have it streamed if they are introducing a consumer/pro Mac, after all the good fun the new PowerBooks were.

Attached Files: