Is real?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bigrell486, Sep 26, 2006.

1. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

Jul 10, 2006
    Hey guys, I've been trying to get rid of some xbox 360 games that I have and the only one I've found that would get me a good return is Now my only problem with this is that they want you to ship the games to them before you get your money. Plus they don't have a website where they sell these used games, they claim to have a store but if you have an online trade in system I would think they have an online store as well which they don't.
    Any way, I was just hoping you guys could help me research this as I don't want to be scammed.

Oh and if anyone's interested the games are:
    Madden NFL 07
    Enchanted Arms
    Ninety-Nine Nights
    Tony Hawks American-Wasteland
    Project Gothem Racing 3
    2006 Fifa World Cup
    Dead Or Alive 4
    (All for Xbox 360, I'm willing to take offers.)
  2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

Feb 23, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    That's a common template for scammers. Wouldn't use it.
  3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    fancy way of selling outside the marketplace.
    but how much for tony hawk?
    mild interest here.
  4. bigrell486 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 10, 2006
    I didn't intend on selling out side the market place but since I just realized that I do qualify to post in there I have created a thread.

The answer to you question awaits beyond the link :cool:

But on a serious note, the site I list in my Original post seemed kind of strange and I was just wondering if anyone has had any expirence with them.
  5. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Feb 10, 2006
    It sounds like a scam but they do provide a live webcam feed from the store as well as an address and phone number and the like.

Mapquest shows that the address does, in fact, exist, although google shows no results related to the site when "3d Toys N' games" is searched for (the company the site says is behind it)...
  6. eben macrumors newbie

Oct 23, 2006
    It says they're in a mall called Katy Mills and if you go to and click on store directory, you'll see that the first store on the list is 3d toys & games. I don't think mall directory will be scam as well.
  7. worldly macrumors newbie

Mar 29, 2007
    the 4-1-1 on sellgamesonline

I was equally curious and suspicious of this site, so when on a recent business trip to Houston, I visited one of the stores they list on the site. They are, in fact, a real company with a real storefront. However, they are not a company you want to trust. The guy that runs the place has no integrity. I used the website to get a quote and took the games with me ready to sell to him. They were in excellent condition, and he matter-of-factly said he wasn't interested in paying anywhere near the prices listed on the quote from his own website. No interest in negotiating -- no customer service skills -- no integrity. I don't think he knows what false advertising is either. My suspicion is that he didn't have the cash on hand to be able to buy anything. Check out the Houston BBB website - they list 3D Games as having an Unsatisfactory record with several filed complaints. I recommend staying away. Might not be a total scam, but definately there are huge red flags!