Is XP SP2 Disk required for Bootcamp install?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by digitaltrader, Aug 22, 2006.

1. digitaltrader macrumors newbie

Aug 22, 2006
    I ordered a MP and am awaiting its arrival. As a long time windows user I will be needing to load XP using bootcamp. I understand that SP2 is required, however all I have is my original XP disk that is pre-SP1. How do I go about getting SP2 installed from the beginning if my disk is not an SP2 disk? Any suggestions?
  2. BadRambo macrumors member

Aug 20, 2006
    Go to Apple's site and read the BootCamp page. You will see that you indeed need a valid XP, FULL INSTALL disk, WITH SP2. Also note that there are still problems being ironed out in BootCamp relative to proper driver performance on the MP. I know, I am patiently waiting for the next release of BootCamp. You will be impressed with the MP, and even more impressed when you can boot both OS's with good performance.

Cheers -- ;)
  3. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

May 26, 2006
    There is a way to slipstream your disc or something to make it SP2, and you can find those instructions by googling. Also you can install xp on a mac with a valid SP1 disc, installint the drivers are a little different and those instructions can also be found by googling.