Is your BOOTCAMP red?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by SBruv, Dec 20, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Hi all,

Just noticed something a bit odd with my 27" 1TB Fusion Drive 2012 iMac, and am wondering if anyone can confirm the same thing.

When I run Disk Utility on my previous (2010) iMac, select the very top entry on the left (the whole drive, rather than either the Mac HD or BOOTCAMP partition) and hit Verify or Repair Disk, the verification goes through without a hitch, seemingly ignoring the Boot Camp partition completely.

However, on my 2012 iMac, although the verification goes through fine for the OS X partition, at the same time, it throws up an error message for the Boot Camp one (obviously – it's not an OS X partition) and turns it red in the left hand pane.

I don't think this is a problem (both partitions are working fine), but I'm just wondering why Disk Utility is looking at the Boot Camp partition differently between my two Macs, and hoping it's just a Fusion Drive thing, rather than any sort of issue on the new one.

Hope that all makes sense! Can anyone with the new 27" 1TB Fusion, with Boot Camp installed, confirm the same thing (the Boot Camp partition turning red in Disk Utility when you try and Verify it, essentially)?

Cheers,

SB