iPad Is your iPad (full size) a home device or portable

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Samtb, May 1, 2013.

?

Where does your ipad go

1. Stays at home

50 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. On holiday or for long distance travels

24 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Everywhere

78 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. macrumors 65816

2. macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

I voted everywhere as its the main device that I do school work on, and well as just general Internet browsing and watching videos etc.

And I always bring it with me, unless I'm going to a place where I'm not going to use it or want to use it.

3. macrumors 65816

Mr Kram

I take it in vacation, but not out in general. I don't really have the time to lounge around with it.

4. macrumors 6502

I used to bring my ipad everywhere, but then I stopped for some reason. I don't know, I kinda stopped using it all together. Which is probably why I only bring it on vacations.

5. macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

I take it with me to work and to classes, in addition to using it at home. Vacations too.

6. macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

If I'm traveling it goes with me....otherwise home.:)

7. macrumors 6502a

Home for us

I have the Mini and Nexus 7 for commuting and travel. I was surprised at Christmas to find my retired Auntie has a full sized (3G) iPad in her handbag wherever she goes. She's a technophobe but uses it for everything (surfing, social, booking travel, you name it). That says a lot for the design of the overall package IMHO.

8. macrumors 6502a

I voted Everywhere, but it should be more accurately, Anywhere. I used to take my iPad with me a lot, but since I got a new iPod, not so much. The iPod is much easier to carry. (I do not have a smart phone.)

9. macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

My mini (Wi-Fi only) stays at home. iPad 3 LTE goes w/ me when I don't feel the need for my MBP. I take the iPad 3 out a lot b/c it does 76.3% of what I use my laptop for, and still have a large enough Retina screen to work with and the LTE is a lot more secure (* of course) than public Wi-Fi.

My mini is more or less like a toy. I grudgingly use it as an eReader though b/c the iPad 3 is too heavy for bedtime reading.

10. macrumors 65816

I own a iPad 2 and love it goes everywhere. Manly because I hate caring my MacBook and it has way better battery life.

11. macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Mostly for at home usage but I've taken it on vacation too. I don't carry it out of the house on a daily basis.

12. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

It take it to meetings and vacations. That's just about it.

13. macrumors 6502

imlovinit

Mine mainly stays at home. I've taken it out maybe twice for mini road trips. I mainly rely on my phone when i'm out.

14. macrumors 68000

xlii

The full size iPad is big enough to use at home and small enough to take on the road.

15. macrumors 6502a

Im trying to find space for my device usage.

My ipad 2 is wifi only so i dont take it outside and i doubt i would take it on vacation even if it is cellular. When you go on vacation, you go on vacation you know. Enjoy the beach or whatever. Try to cut yourself from possibility of having to check your emails (ur phone can still do that).

At home, i still pretty use my Laptop so.... not really know what to mainly use my ipad for.

16. macrumors regular

nebrot

I speak for my wife´s full size 4, it stays at home. I got a mini and it follows me everywhere.

17. macrumors G5

Macman45

I take my IPad pretty much wherever I go, most buddies have wifi in home, so I use it to keep up with email etc. when I'm o the move....I do have an IP5 too which also comes with me, but with these old eyes, the larger screen is a bonus!

18. macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

My ipad has been relegated to being used to watch QVC in the bathroom by my mother, it was just too large to carry with me everywhere

now my iPad mini, its pocket sized, and it comes with me everywhere, even found a case that doubles as a wallet/card holder so its pulling double duty, coupled with unlimited Data on my iPhone and tethering, its a perfect combo.:D

19. macrumors regular

arefbe

Stays at home. I use my iPod Touch for traveling.

20. macrumors regular

Mine mostly stays at home. I think I have only taken it out and about a couple of times in all the time I have had one.

21. macrumors 65816

I would say "Anywhere". I bring it if I want to bring a tablet, the size of it does not really hinder me. It is more that I often do not need to bring a tablet. When traveling I always bring it instead of a laptop though.

22. macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I use my 2 everywhere I go, but since I got a Zagg keyboard folio some weeks ago, it has mostly stayed at home. Thinking of getting a mini sometime down the road.

23. Guest

WeegieMac

Goes with me to work every day of the week bar weekends when I'm off.

I tether my iPhone for data, it's great for web browsing on the commute to/from work and at lunch breaks.

24. macrumors newbie

Goes to school with me every day, I stopped using paper notebooks as an experiments and now use my iPad as my sole note-taking implement

25. macrumors member

It goes everywhere I go! Personally, the weight's not an issue, and it fits nicely in my purse. Nothing else makes such a good personal assistant. I use it to schedule my day and take notes when something comes to mind. I generally try to avoid using my iPhone for mundane tasks unless whatever I'm doing requires a data connection (GPS navigation, a quick web search, video streaming) to preserve battery life.

Not to say that I don't love my phone to death, because I do, but the device of choice on the go is definitely the iPad 2. =)