iScroll 2 + Tiger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Vixus, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Vixus macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm trying to install iscroll 2 on my powerbook with some changes to the source code. I was wondering how can I repackage the source code into an installer of the form .pkg? Thanks

2. grabberslasher macrumors 6502

If you've got the dev tools installed:

Attached Files:

3. Vixus thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I do have the dev tools, except that I'm not too sure what I'm supposed to do with it. Do I have to recompile to code or just repackage it. And I wish there was some documentation on how to repackage. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

More than likely you need to compile the code. Unless you want to create an installer package for the source code? The fact that you are asking such a basic question implies that you are probably not the best person to be doing this.

The Developer Tools install a massive library of documentation, including a complete set for all the tools.

5. Vixus thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah... maybe I'm not qualiifed to start messing around with teh developer's toolset. I was wondering maybe if someone can recompile the iscroll2 application for Tiger. If not, I guess I'll just have to start reading. Thanks for the help anyways.

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Have you tried asked the developers themselves? I imagine that they will probably release a fix once Tiger is officially available.

7. Vixus thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, I did. I asked him if he'll release a Tiger version, but he didn't say anything. All he said was that iscroll2 was tested by someo ther people and is compatible with Tiger. All you have to do is use xcode and change one line in the code where they do the OS version verification. That's all.

8. andysmith macrumors 6502

Surely you can just make the changes and press 'Build' in XCode?

9. Vixus thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish I could, but I dunno which file to open. Can't seem to find a project file.

10. clayton macrumors newbie

He offers a .pkg form already. It works in tiger too. Make sure that in Sys Pref>Keyboard and Mouse you have 2 finger scrolling enabled also. I didn't at first and thats why it didn't work.

Peace
    Clayton

11. NuPowerbook macrumors member

Has anyone else noticed that after a reboot iScroll 2 stops working and the only way to re-enable it is to go in to the iScroll 2 preference panel and click on Load Defaults?

12. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

ha yea that happened this morning to me. i was confused. im pretty sure its only after you shut it down. not a reboot or sleep session. at least thats how it was for me

13. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

iScroll 2 works on my PB 1.33Ghz 12" running Tiger 10.4.0. It's actually pretty cool. I have it set for circular scrolling, that way you can continuously scroll without taking your fingers off the trackpad. This is so much cooler than the implementation on PC laptops that have a strip running down the edge on their trackpads. Why doesn't Apple make this a software upgrade across all pre-2005 PBs?

14. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

Yeah I agree. Apple really should offer scrolling capability to all pre-2005 Powerbooks as an upgrade. I just came across iscroll last night and was hesitant to install it because I wasn't sure how it would work with Tiger, but I'm glad to say that it runs very nicely and is a lot better than sidetrack!

15. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Later versions should work better. It's up to version 0.21 now.