iShuffle Buying Advice (audio books)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by deltrotter, Jan 14, 2005.

1. deltrotter macrumors regular

Ok guys

Going on holiday soon. I'd really like to take some audiobooks with me and a bit of music. I was wondering if the iShuffle would do the trick. Can anyone advise:

a) If I store four or five audiobooks on the iShuffle will it be "easy" to navigate within each book, and between books.

b) If I add some music as well, can I shuffle the music and not the books!?

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer!

Cheers

Del

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    well you can set it to play random or in order of how you uploaded, so assuming you know the order that you uploaded your audio books and music its as organized as your memory is. now if you set it to be random, well its that, random.

3. deltrotter thread starter macrumors regular

Ta for that. Anyone else?

(Interestingly, it's Manila I am going to for this holiday!)

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

sweet i was just there for my winter break how i miss it already. do u have family there or friends?

admitedly manila is an ugly city hehe, but the night life is good, food and drink are well priced, and you can go to beaches close by, well okay maybe 3 hours by car isnt close, but hehe its fun in the sun :)

5. deltrotter thread starter macrumors regular

Well, it's:

Boracay - 5 days
    Cebu - 5 days
    Manila - 5 days

(My brother is a volunteer on a project in Tagb, Bohol).

Still wondering wheter the iShuffle is the one to go for for audio books. hmmm.

Cheers

Del

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

OMG UR GOING TO BORA WAHOOOOOO

u might wanna keep ur ishuffle in a plastic case cuz the sand is so fine it might damage it.

where in bora are u staying
    if you get the chance eat in waling waling, theres also an indian restaurant there thats pretty good. dont forget to go for the choco-peanutbutter-banana-rum shakes are jonis too :D

and make sure you hit up cocomangas and do the 15 shooters and still standing challenge :D thats actually my avatar

and cebu omg i love cebu so much good food, the best lechon (roast pig) in the world, hehe

and manila, if your staying in the makati area, make sure to hit up greenbelt for the night life, or vbar if thats your thing

with regard to ishuffle again, i can see problems if you switch from your audio book to a song, then try to switch back to the audio book, you might lose your place, and without a screen getting it back might be a hassle

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

With a wonderful long trip like that, will the number of songs and books be enough on the iPod Shuffle? For myself I would be wanting an iPod Mini.

8. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

no, it would probablly be a pain in the ass reading audiobooks on the shuffle.

9. deltrotter thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys

I reckon I will go for a mini iPod. Blast!

Virividox I'll pm you to carry on the holiday discussion! No need to bore everyone here!

Cheers

Del