Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kwik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
I just received two iSights-one for my new PB, and the other for an older imac... which runs OS 9. I am looking for possible solutions to be able to communicate between the two computers. I've been playing around with the ispq video-conferencing app, but I can't get the imac to recognize the video from the iSight (however it will recognize the audio). I tried installing a driver from ioxperts, but it did not help. If anyone has found a driver or other alternative for a computer running OS 9 to use iSight, I would love to hear about it.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Technically speaking the iSight only supports 600 Mhz and up for video since the compression level used on the iSight for video requires a certain amount of power.

kwik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
That seems like a valid alternative... wait...

In regards to the first reply, Mhz is not the issue at hand. I am just looking for a driver that will work. It appears as if ioxperts is working on a beta for an iSight driver, so it looks as if my second iSight will just have to wait on the counter for a while...

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Originally posted by kwik
That seems like a valid alternative... wait...

In regards to the first reply, Mhz is not the issue at hand. I am just looking for a driver that will work. It appears as if ioxperts is working on a beta for an iSight driver, so it looks as if my second iSight will just have to wait on the counter for a while...

They already have a Firewire driver for OS 9: http://www.ioexperts.com/dcam_os89.html If this doesn't work with the iSight, well that's the breaks. Ask them if they know whether or not they are working on a Mac OS 9 driver. If they aren't, you are going to have to upgrade to Mac OS X to use the iSight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.