iSight built into your Screen???

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 27, 2006.

1. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Just found out this. Seems really nice n coooooool. Just made me realize why it feels so abnormal while video chatting. Hope it`s not just one of Apple`s many patents which never made it in real world implementation. Here`s a link to full patent filing. Also the idea to use it in moblie phones too sounds nice. No more an ugly lens wud be seen on your phone.

2. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

seems like a cool idea. I wonder how much it would cost to actually implement it.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Discussed in this MacBytes article yesterday and in this front page article from January...

4. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

It is also one of the proposed technologies in some form of Apple multi touch screen, (rather than a stylus or single finger and touch pad, the image sensors merely recognise the position and movement of fingers).

5. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I dont think this is for a built in iSight, more a built in optical sensor for lighting a laptop display. You know how annoying it is when you get sunlight on your display, with this sensor you can automatically adjust your contrast and intensity to suite.