iSight continues buggy ways!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by timsq, Aug 17, 2004.

1. timsq macrumors regular

timsq

I have a beef with Apple's iSight, a camera I am addicted to. I can't mount other firewire drives, like the iPod and external hard drives particularly, without problems. The iSight stops responding or isn't available and/or the drives are slow or can't be accessed at all. I cannot get past this issue. It must have something to do with bandwidth from the firewire ports. An external fw hub doesn't help me as I have heard it has helped others. My only hope is a f/w switch. Has anyone heard of such a beast? Does anyone have a setup that works well with both iSight and iPod/externalHD? Known problem? Workaround? Running iMac800G4 60G 1G iSight iPod 2 -external Hd's ex-DVD R/W ex-CD/RW 10.3.5.

Keywords: conflict compatible firmware

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I just keep my iSight unplugged until I need it and hope for a firmware update.

3. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Is the firewire hub you're using powered externally, or does it get its power from your Mac?

Lee Tom

4. timsq thread starter macrumors regular

timsq

Yeah, I unplug and dream too... The hub is wall-powered, though I have tried it both ways. The more it look into it, I think that it must be a limit in the total bandwidth allocated to the iSight by the firewire bus. I hope that this is a "known" issue by Apple, but I can't get much from them.