iSight + iChat Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by michaelscott, Jul 30, 2006.

1. michaelscott macrumors newbie

My friends have just recently got new Macbooks and have spent a fair amount of time iChatting with each other. When two people enter a video iChat (just a sender and receiver) the image is very clear for both computer. But when a third person jumps in, the picture gets instantly fuzzy. Any reason for this or if it is fix-able?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

When you say fuzzy, do you mean kinda noticeable or really can't see anything anymore? Is it useable I guess is what I'm asking.

I know that video chat over iChat has certain bandwidth requirements, and possibly one of the 3 of you don't have a fast enough internet connection to have better quality video (or maybe someone should turn off their bittorrents).

You might want to try out Skype, it just released a new version that supports iSights. And the audio chat on it is much better than iChat.

3. superted666 Guest

superted666

screenshot before and after with connection doctor open at the same time should give us a idea

4. michaelscott thread starter macrumors newbie

next time i'm with them I will take a screenshot. it is useable and the two person chat looks great. But when that third person comes in, the image gets incredibly fuzzy.