isight/ichat problems

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by puckhead193, Feb 13, 2005.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Ever since i update to .8 my ichat/isight haven't been working. When i connect to the other person the furthest it goes is starting video chat... blabla...and it goes on forever.... I turned off the firewall etc....
    Anyone having a problem?
    Thanks

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Is this other person using ichat? If they are AIM then it might be a bug. Are both of you up-to-date, have repaired permissions, and installed fireware updates to the iSites being used?

3. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

Yup, everything is up to date. The other person is using ichat and all his upates are current as well....

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Is it definitely nothing to do with your internet connection?

You could try Skype to see if it's an iChat specific problem.

5. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

I had the same problem for a while at my campus, the problem was sort of that ichat couldn't get the bandwith it expected to find and whenever I attempted to start a video chat it would just hang for a few minutes. Audio only takes less and would work, so try that to see if it could be a bandwith related issue.

6. riwanami macrumors member

I had a similar problem using isight/ichat with a PC user in a different country using AIM and webcam. Turned out that my settings in Quicktime was set to 56kbp modem instead of T1. This solved the bandwidth issue for me, but it may be a different problem for you.