Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
Just last week I got a couple of isights for my girlfriend and me. It runs perfect on my powerbook but her ibook, 1.33mhz, 768 RAM, she says not so well. He says her video is choppy and not very responive. I was wondering if anyone else with an ibook of those specs or lower had trouble with an isight, or wished it had better video. We both use high speed internet, so I doubt that would be the probably. Any advice would help.

tangerineyum

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2005
Ontario, CA
Have you witnessed the video on her end ? I recently did the same thing for me and my gf. Mine's at UCLA and im stuck about 65 miles east of her. She has a rev b imac g5 but im on a 700mhz g3 ibook. for us the video is perfect as it can be. I dont support h.264 so i know its not the best best that is offered, but i wouldnt say mine is choppy or unbearable. The only time i get a hiccup is with some fast motion in front of the camera. Maybe something is clogging her bandwidth on her end?

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
no i haven't seen her video yet. I will this weekend though so hopefully that will help a bit more. It might her her connection, because I can't see it being her computer if it runs fine on yours. Just have to wait and see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.