isight on Cinema Displays

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MN Machine, Feb 8, 2007.

1. MN Machine macrumors newbie

Any idea when apple is going to put the built in isight on the cinema displays? I am waiting to buy a new display until Apple comes out with new displays that have the built in isights. How long has it been since they have redesigned the displays?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

It's been roughly several years since the last major redesign. However, the built-in iSights on the displays represent a rumor, or possibly just desire, and not anything substantiated as of yet. They might never occur, or they might be out next week. We don't know.

3. briantology macrumors 6502

The came out with the aluminum displays in 2004, but it's not for certain Apple is going to have built in iSights in their next line of displays. There are some reasons for this, but a new iSight is most likely soon to be seen.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Maybe glossy black displays to go with the iPhone, BlackPod, and new Glossy BlackPod...and the new UI Blaqua

5. wizwaz3 macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

To be honest with you, I don't see Apple putting iSights in their new Cinema displays. I think Apple sees the Cinema Display line as a more 'Professional' tool. Professionals would have no use for iSights. I could be very wrong, and I kind of hope I am, but I don't think they will.

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I tend to agree with you, but there's an increasing movement towards video-conferencing, which might lead to more pros accepting the idea. On the other hand, lots of businesses aren't so keen on built-in monitors in every cubicle. Well, they're keen on it for themselves to check up on employees, but wouldn't want outsiders to be able to see it. ;)