isight on macbook problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bordenkecher, Nov 1, 2006.

1. bordenkecher macrumors member

my friends isight on her macbook seems to be stuck ON, the green light is on, so im assuming the isight is on....

but anyway a long with that, when she goes into photobooth all she gets is a green screen and her preview screen for ichat is black

anyone else seen anything like this or know about a solution?

2. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

Has she downloaded a Dashboard widget that works with the iSight camera? I had downloaded one, but I don't remember which one... and it kept the iSight on all the time until you turned it (the widget) off.

Just a thought, hope it helps... :)

Avenger23

3. bordenkecher thread starter macrumors member

no, she has not downloaded any new widgets... she really hasnt added or changed anything on here computer... she just uses the isight to play with in photobooth and thats it...

i really dont know of any hardware checks to run other than the one that you do by holding down one of the keys when you reboot, so i dont know if i would need to do that to get an answer (i dont remember what key it was though).

4. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

What about checking in Photo Booth to see if one of the effects have been checked? The Pop Art effect has 4 different screens (red, green, blue and black) that are shown in the video window. That's all I can come up with on the green screen problem. You could always try reinstalling the iSightDriver.pkg files and see if that corrects it. The package should be in the Receipts folder.

The end solution is to call Apple or take it to an Apple Store to the Genius Bar and see what they come up with...

Avenger23

5. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

6. bordenkecher thread starter macrumors member

you know, she just restarted her macbook for another time and now everythings fine... so i dont know what the deal was but thanks for the input...

problem fixed...

7. Mondochuk macrumors newbie

I had the same problem, and a restart seemed to fix it, haven't had the problem since. That was about about a month after I got it, now have had it for 3 months. It did freak me out though, though maybe Steve Jobs was watching me!? haha.

8. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

Mine has done that a few times, very rare, but it's an occasional thing that rebooting has always fixed.