iSight question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reykjavik, Oct 23, 2004.

1. reykjavik macrumors 6502

Aug 31, 2004
    Im looking for a way to have my iSight pick up motion and sense that Im in the room and automatically do a specified action (for instance, turn on iTunes and start playing music automatically). Ive done extensive googling and only found security apps that dont really do actions other than those security related (like upload images to ftp or zoom etc...).

Anyone come across something like this?
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i think your out of luck, i have yet to hear of a progam that you describe, although it would be nice, perhaps someone will get around to writing something that does this or if you find one let us know!
  3. reykjavik thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 31, 2004

It must be a pretty simple thing to write up since I was able to do it with my T68i cell phone via bluetooth (the moment I came within range it would start iTunes, and also turn it off the moment I left).
  4. asdf123 macrumors member

Sep 14, 2004

I assume you could do the same with a microphone? Like....linked up to sounds of clapping.....but I guess osx comes with speech recognition software for vocal commands. any suggestions on how to set up a macro like this? for isight...mic...bluetooth phone....
  5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    What did you use to write the program... and can you sned it to me?