iSight security and voice login?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jamesmcd, Feb 22, 2006.

1. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

I am after two possible things...

Firstly, I was wondering if there was a program that allowed me to have a screen password, and when someone tries to enter a wrong password, it takes a photo from the built in iSight.

Secondly, Is there a program which enables me to have voice login?

Cheers,
    James

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I remember in OS 9 you could have voice login. cool, but didn't work well. unreliable. they could do it better now. I doubt you can do anything with applications outside of the desktop.

good luck!

3. jamesmcd thread starter macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Yeah I remember that, but I was hoping it would be made for X also... I am sure I have heard of it before.

That iSight thing was an idea I had as I remember a program for OS9 which would log the time and the password used every time a person tried to enter an incorrect login.

4. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

My idea: Patent it, sell it, live in big house :). Lol :D

5. jamesmcd thread starter macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

I was speaking to a programmer and unfortunately it's not as simple as it sounds.

There is no way to make an add-on to the current password checker, Apple would never allow that.

Second, I could make a program which would do this, except it would be just that, a program, meaning someone could just force-quit out of the password screen... real secure eh?