iSight turns on with macbook!?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Star Destroyer, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

Well, its happened three times this week, and never before. I will open my new macbook, turn it on, and guess what!? i am greeted with that green light next to the isight. i have no idea why its on, the macbook as just booted, and i dont know how to get it to shut off.

It works fine normally, but when it turns on at start up, all i get is a green screen on my photobooth if i open that....

What do i do?

2. joeops57 macrumors member

You could try repairing permissions. That fixes so many problems. Also, try running a hardware check from the install cds. See if that helps.

~Joe

3. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

Did you name your machine HAL 9000? Maybe it's an easter egg.

4. giantquiet macrumors newbie

Same problem after getting my MacBook back from Applecare repair. It wouldn't go off until I did a full shutdown (not restart). Seems this is happening to a few people as I've seen it on different threads and forums.

Someone else recommended shutting down and removing the battery.

5. Katharine macrumors member

Katharine

That happens to me too. Sometimes it goes on without restarting too. The only way I can get it off it to shut down. I started a thread last week and there doesn't seem to be a solution.

Right now I am waiting for a box to send it back for repair and this is on the list of issues to be looked at.