iSight version 2?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Bossx20, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Bossx20 macrumors newbie

I was in compusa tonight looking for an isight. They had none in stock but I was told that iSight version 2 would be in the store by next week. Anyone know anything about this?

2. Ashwee macrumors member

Ashwee

Cant see a new iSight coming out, he probably means that the ones with the new magnetic stand included in the box are coming

3. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Treat it as a rumor of course but there has been pure speculation that there will be an iSight Mark 2 this year. Sorts of features people would like to see include a wide angle / zoom to allow it to be close but to also include multiple parties. A built in light would be useful to some as well.

We can guess that its likely that Apple have given this some thought given Tiger will support 4 parties speaking, making this a much more exiciting personal and useful business tool...

4. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

My order at Apple.com for an iSight said 2 to 3 weeks, and it has now been 3 weeks and no shipment When I called, they said it would be another 1 to 2 weeks but I would be 'impressed' by what I received.

5. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I thought the rumor about the iSight V2 was just new mounts for the new studio displays...

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It would seem that if a new iSight version is coming that it will be announced at MacWorld Paris. Although it does sound very plausible the the version 2 is the adapter for the new displays. Isn't the adapter available now?

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Although this year, Apple has been announcing many products before the Expos. Hopefully well see an updated iSight here soon.

Tuesday Anyone????

Any Apple Store Employees seen some knew boxes?

8. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

That sounds good. For the majority of people, the iSight is still overpriced for what you get.

With the new version of iChat coming out, though...

9. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I'd just be happy with a firmware update that keeps iSight from messing up my iPod.

10. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

interesting, they actually said that? maybe i'll hold out even longer for the iSights for the family. for now, i'll probably just splurge on an airport expresss...or two :)

11. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Ok, thats a good indicator its going to happen soon :)

12. OziMac macrumors 6502

Damn. I just bought a refurbished iSight. But at the price I got it, no new iSight can compare :)

May just have to buy another lol ;)

13. fuzzy7slippers macrumors member

So I really want an iSight. I just want to use it for casual chatting and maybe recording a small video here and there. The quality now seems great and will only improve with tiger next year. Do you think I should buy one now or wait until the expo?

14. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Wait. It might be better and cheaper for only a few weeks wait.

15. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Read the thread again. I would wait for sure.

16. Bossx20 thread starter macrumors newbie

they are out of stock right now everywhere, checked both apple stores by my house, two compusa's and frys electronics

17. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

Am I selfish by hoping there isn't a new iSight on its way?
    (Note I only bought my iSight a couple of weeks ago.. then bough the SightLight)

18. davegoody macrumors 6502

davegoody

iSight V2 ? - Maybe, Just Maybe

I am a real Apple impulse buyer - BT KB being latest, despite not really "needing" one. The iSight was to be the next new purchase - most of the local shops near both work and home are "temporarily" out of stock - very irregular unless something new is coming out soon - especially when you consider the stock situation on, for example the iMac before the announcement of new ones in September. So I am waiting (though it hurts SOOOOO much not to spend the cash burning a hole in my pocket !)
    :confused:

19. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Well its Tuesday....

20. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

and the apple store is down

21. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

Nooooo!!
    please not!

22. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

You mean -- yesssss! :D

23. OziMac macrumors 6502

Production Suite

No new iSights - just the Production Suite and news that Motion is shipping. Maybe by the Paris Expo :)

24. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Production Suite and Motion are new on the Store??? I can't tell why it went down.

25. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

The Apple store is still listing a 2 to 3 week delay My order placed July 31 still says shipping on or about August 26, 2004.

Many local area stores here in SoCal do not have them in stock.

These are all signs that supply is limited. Often, but not always, this means that a rev model is in the wings.

Of course, this does not coincide with the Apple Expo Paris. Maybe they will still do a Tuesday release on August 24.

If you put any credence in MOSR, they talk about upcoming iSight models with better video and power usage.

What is clear is that the current model is becoming scarce and its been a while and with new iChat in Tiger, we can only hope for an update. At the least a cool new mount for the new Apple displays.