iSight video software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Espionage, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Espionage macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2004
    Hi everyone, I have a Macbook and it comes with Photo Booth which is kinda cool. But I was wondering if there is any freeware software that lets you utilise your built-in iSight as a video recorder?
  2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
  3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Quicktime Pro is the way to's not free though....bro

Hey that rhymed...:)
  4. ichii macrumors 6502

Sep 20, 2006
    How would I record with the iSight in imovie? I would see the camera on for about 15 seconds then the program says DV-camera not found, then it would shut off my iSight camera.
  5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Just hit record I think. If you dont use it for a while it probably turns off to save power.
  6. chinarut macrumors member

Nov 14, 2005
    hey I just posted to Apple Discussions - anyone have any issues with choppy video while recording with iMovie? Audio records just fine throughout.

I'm willing to look into QT Pro - be nice to hear if there are any other dedicated apps out there that would do the job especially for longer captures.
  7. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

Nov 2, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    You can use photo booth to record videos with the isight too..
  8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    Two. Thousand. Six. :eek::confused:

I'm sure there are more than a few iSight capture applications.
  9. chinarut macrumors member

Nov 14, 2005
    is it bad etiquette to revisit old threads? I thought it would be better to continue a conversation opposed to starting a new one!

was very hopeful this would be all I needed to use and plagued with audio unpredictably recording in Photo Booth!