iSight, with older cinema displays?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by coleg, Feb 7, 2005.

1. coleg macrumors regular

I was wondering if the iSight can mount on top of the older plastic Apple LCD Cinema displays.

Thinking about getting the iSight, and just want to make sure it'll mount.

thanks.

2. surfsofa macrumors member

I had mine mounted on my old Studio 17 display. I used a zip-tie to hold the adhesive disk mount onto the back of the display (there's a slot you can feed it through on the back of the display). Since the back of the display is not a flat surface this helped to hold it firm.

HTH.

3. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

I used to have a 17" plastic display and I had no problem securely fixing it to the back of the display using the supplied double sided sticky pads.

4. devman macrumors 65816

devman

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I just checked that website, those guys are coming out with some cool products. I really like the port thing for the iMac G5 and the speakers too! The clips for the iPod shuffle are brilliant, Apple should supply those with the Shuffle instead.

6. coleg thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys.

does this supplied adhesive "mounter" leave anything sticky on the display?

7. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

I have had my iSight for about a year on my old plastic 17" display. I have recently bought one of the new Al 23" and put the old 17" in storage for the moment. The double sided taped came off cleanly and did not leave any sticky residue. In fact it came off so well, I could re-use it to attach the iSight to the new display.

8. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

It says in the iSight manual that you can remove the tap several times before it won't stick anymore. I know I have done it a few times and it still works well.

9. coleg thread starter macrumors regular