iSkin for Powerbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by starcrossed, Jun 17, 2004.

1. starcrossed macrumors regular

I was thinking about buying an iSkin Keyboard Protector for the new Powerbook I have coming. I know some people have liked them and others don't, but my question is that if I get the artic white version, would it effect my Backlight Keyboard. I know the sensors are located elsewhere, so the lights will still come on, but would they be just as visible with or without the iSkin. I just wanna improve my chances in buying a product i will definitly use, and I really want to reduce the risk of stuff getting inside a keyboard that is difficult to replace.

2. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I have a powerbook xskin. Its blue. It doesn’t really affect the backlit keyboard but i never really thought it was useful anyway, not for the upper part of the keyboard. There is too much glare off of the screen for the lights to be seen clearly. Having said that if i just moved forward a bit (yes i am lazy) i can see the full keyboard fine.

I wouldn't worry about it, the skin is VERY good for keeping the keyboard clean and safe. At the dental surgery where i work all the computers have to have cling film put over the keyboards every so often and the old stuff is binned (health and safety) The Xskin is brilliant because you can wash it easily.

3. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT