iSkin Keyboard Protector

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Fourbin, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Fourbin macrumors regular

Aug 28, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Does anyone own one of these? I am seriously considering buying one for my PB but I am cruious if it feels funny to type on. I am constantly typing papers and use my keyboard a lot but I cringe when I see dust or hair slip underneath...

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    I got one for free from whoever it is that makes it at MacWorld (they said it was a demo, so I thought they wanted it back, but they never came around the BMAC table again :)) I use it whenever I bring my PB somewhere, but I don't like the different feel of it.
  3. warcraftmaster macrumors regular

Dec 5, 2003
    well its all up to you on how you like it.ii dont mind it but my teacher loves it.i think its cool to use
  4. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    I have it for my 15" PB, and I use it all the time.

It's really thin, and it has a soft sort of feel, like silicone perhaps. The only thing I don't like about it is you need to wash it with soap and water about once a week, and from an angle it's hard to see the keys. I wouldn't recommend it if you can't type well.

iSkin says you can shut your PB's lid without taking the iSkin off ... technically yes, you can, but do not do this!! I did this, thinking I was doing something good by protecting the keyboard from touching my screen ... instead, I had tons of keymarks all over the screen (I didn't take it anywhere, it just sat on the desk like this). Luckily, I cleaned it immediately and everything came out. Since iSkin isn't flat, I would not recommend closing your lid with the iSkin on. Others might have a different opinion, but that's my experience.
  5. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

Mar 29, 2004
    Boston, MA
    i use it for my 15" as well. i like it while i'm surfing the web or other easy stuff. i remove it for heavy typing stuff. but in my daily use it keeps the keyboard nice and clean. in contrast to dotnina i close the pb and carry it around all the time without problems.