Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KameronBriggs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Somewhere Sunny, California
I got the iSkin Vu today, and decided to put sort of a review on here.
I purchased this iSkin Vu on Amazon. I got it for a great deal!
When you open the box, the case is just chillin' right there.
It comes with a really good screen cleaning cloth, Anti-Static Screen Wipe, a product info guide, and some iSkin Stickers.
Installing the iSkin Vu is really a pain. Or at least it was in my case. The case combines gel and hard shell. The clear is hard, and the color is the gel material. You have to put your fingers under the case and pull it over the iPad, which I didn't figure out until I got it on. The case actually has two pieces. The part under the strip of color that goes accross the case seperate's for docking. If you don't dock, you can keep it on. There is a cover over the dock connector, and just unplug it and you can charge it. The second piece doesn't sit flush, and there is a little bit of movement there...but it's all good. The case offers alot of protection (of course it's not as much as a Portfolio) for the iPad, and covers pretty much everything but the screen and the Mic at the top. There is a lot of colors that you can choose from. They remind me of the first Mac's with the colors. All-in-all, this is a great case. If you can find it cheaper than on iSkin, then get it. I only paid $30 for it. I recommend this case and rate it 4/5. (Because of difficult installation and the second case not being flush)

Here are pictures of the case. I tried to get everything. If you want to see anything else, let me know and I'll post it.

ogf1a8.jpg

2v113t3.jpg

11gubdh.jpg

nrm6q.jpg

mw5jdf.jpg

30uqpzl.jpg

2qtif51.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.