iso credit card solutions for site

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by zimv20, Jan 8, 2006.

1. macrumors 601

zimv20

apologies if this has been covered, my search didn't turn up what i was looking for.

a friend wants to accept credit card donations on his site. we discussed paypal as a fallback plan, but i'm wondering if there's a simple solution which will process CC payments directly.

note that this is a donation; i'm not seeing this as a shopping cart situation.

some integration into html code is fine, but i'll be the one doing the work and, frankly, i don't want to spend a lot of time doing it or worrying about security. e.g. i reckon i could forge a solution by getting him his own visa vendor number, an SSL certificate, etc, but boy do i not want that bother.

thanks!

2. macrumors 68030

superbovine

I have seen others but they are charge 4% to 8% on CC processing rather than paypals 2.9% + .30. I check out the organization below, I haven't used them before, but I have been tackled with the same question. The fees sometimes work out better then other way around, but Paypal does accept more forms of payment including e-check and paypal. I also like it because you can get "Virtual Terminal" which provides great benefit to someone with a laptop, or does telephone work. Although, going through visa again like you said he could go through visa or authorize.net and probably get a better deal and get real equipment etc.

http://www.donortownsquare.com/
    http://www.clickandpledge.com/

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors 68030

superbovine

have you used worldpay before? how was the service?

5. macrumors 6502

No, I haven't. I've used PayPal and am considering 2CO for the future, but I haven't used WorldPay (as a seller, I have bought goods from others using WP though and the experience was good).

6. thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

thanks everyone. i'm thinking paypal is probably the easiest way to proceed.