ISO Date format Q

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by AlBDamned, Nov 13, 2006.

1. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Hello,

Quick question for you guys. How do I get this ISO date format to read in full (Gregorian?) calendar?

At the moment, it's:

02-10-2006 14:28 because of this code: %d-%m-%Y %H:%M

However, I'd like it to be like this: Mon 2nd Oct 2006 14:28pm

It's for a forum I'm helping put together.

Any help (or screams of - "no you idiot it doesn't work like that...") gratefully received ;)

2. Interiority macrumors member

If you're using the PHP date() function, then the following should work OK...

date('l jS M Y G:Ia');

I don't think the PHP strftime() function has a way to produce the ordinal suffix for the date - st, nd, rd and so on.

The MySQL DATE_FORMAT() codes are different again. What function are you using to display the date?

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

That looks like it's using strftime() formatting. Assuming that's what you have, a close format to what you want would be "%a %d %b %Y %l:%M%p" - that would give you "Mon 2 Oct 2006 2:28PM"

Do you really want to show 24-hour time with am/pm? If that's really what you want, you could replace the %l with %k .

If you're really looking for ISO 8601, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" would be more like it.

4. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Genius. I didn't want it as 14:28pm of course but that code works perfectly, iMeowbot. Any chance you could explain exactly what each figure represents? it doesn't look hugely different?

Thanks too, Interiority. :)

Attached Files: