ISO Gears Noobs

Discussion in 'Games' started by NeoMac, Jan 12, 2007.

1. NeoMac macrumors regular

NeoMac

I am looking for folks who would like to play ranked Gears of War multiplayer. I am not a noob but I am not the greatest player either and lately I keep getting owned! And I am tired of hearing people talk ***** all the time. I play on line a lot and I am used to hearing smack talk but for some reason this games brings out the worst in people. I would like to play with some folks who won't constantly talk crap. I love this game and just want to play with some normal players who just want to play a game and not take it so seriously. If you are interested post your gamertag and I will add you to my friends list. Thanks.

2. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

I'll play when i'm online

Gamertag: holto

see you in the game!

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

You pretty much hit on the same reason I don't play that game online. I'm fairly descent at the tame, I've beaten it on insane but when I play online, people are already so good and I just don't get a chance to try anything.

I used to play Halo 2 online all the time with a couple friends. Sometimes we would win and sometimes we would get killed, but it was always never that bad because we were all in it together. Even lossing sometimes we would have a good time.

Definitely add me to your friends list, I'd really like to get into the online in this game. My live gamer tag in in my signature below. See you online!!

4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Gamertag: Phaedon

Some friends and I play online quite a bit.....though we will probably play less ranked matches now since you can no longer see who is hosting a ranked match (with the update a few days ago).....b/c now it'll be impossible to find each other on ranked matches.
    I usually host 5 round per map matches on non-ranked that rotate through all the maps and we get a good group together.....usually we don't have the trash-talkers there b/c we invite people we know.

Feel free to send a friend request but mention that you are from MacRumors with that request or I'll reject b/c I get friend requests from random people all the time :)

5. shortyjj macrumors regular

6. mcarvin macrumors regular

My gamer tag is crimsosx2 - look for friend requests.

Can't wait to play with regular guys, not the pain in the A l33t folk.

7. Creeping-Death macrumors newbie

I don't know if I'll play a lot in the next few days (borrowed the game from a friend and he's coming back from vacation soon), but I might just buy it, so here's mine : Deathadoodledo

8. v-ault macrumors regular

9. Damitri macrumors member

Great idea!

I'd like to play with you guys. I feel I am pretty good at campaign mode but I rarely survive one minute of MP... :eek:

GamerID: DamitriNYC

I will send out some friend requests...

10. NeoMac thread starter macrumors regular

NeoMac

Thanks for responding. You can add me as well. My gamer tag is Phoenix Rizin, just mention you are from MacRumors.

11. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Yeah, I have been a little lazy the last couple days, when I get home tonight I will add you all to my friends list, I'll write macrumors in the description.

12. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

Max Nub: Rakden

I rarely play most of my games with people I don't know because of this fact, especially FPS games like Gears, and Halo. I just wanna sit back have a little fun after work but most everyone is either a jerk or super mega good(they must not work) or both. Let me know your from Mac Rumors, I usually ignore people I don't know on live.

13. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

14. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Ok, I went on earlier this night and added most of you. If you see a message from BiLLum, it is me.

I usually work until 5pm (eastern time) and I don't usually turn the 360 on until about 8pm because I eat dinner and relax. If you see me online playing a different game, sent me a message and I will put Gears in.

15. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I think we should try and set up a time that everyone can play a game or two. I was playing Gears last night online and I'm just not good at it yet. People destroy me. I don't know how much time people need in advance, but we could do tomorrow night. I am on the east coast and I work till 5pm. Once I get some dinner and relax a bit, I could be playing by 7. Anyone wanna try for a time around there? I would really like to try this with a bunch of people in the same boat as me. I'll be at that time, I hope I see some of you there. Send me a message and I will give invites.

16. Dead EditHer macrumors newbie

That sounds cool, a bunch of Apple users playing a Microsoft game on a Microsoft system(define irony). Anyway, I like the idea of a good bunch of us getting together to just hang out and play. Send friend requests to Dead EditHer(gamertag, duh).

17. zarr112 macrumors newbie

18. stagecustom macrumors regular

i'm down, i'll add u guys, when i get my 360 back! took them a month to send me the box and i sent it back the day i got it (yesterday) i should have it back next week sometime... just in time for school to start again. DAMN!! Microsoft is full of idiots, they said they lost my repair order 3 weeks after they said they sent the box, then took another week to make a new repair order.. then i ask for an extra month of live and they say no... :confused: :rolleyes: :( :eek:

19. Kal El Prime macrumors newbie

I'm Up for It!

I recently purchased GOW, and also am hesitant about getting my a** handed to me, so I'm up for it. I'm on the west coast though, so i might be online after you're off. GO ahead and add me though.

Kal El Prime

20. Creeping-Death macrumors newbie

I finally got me the game, so I've added most of you. If you see an invite from Deathadoodledo, please accept! See you on Live.