ISO troubles in OS 9

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lord Blackadder, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Ok, the only machine I have with a working burner at the moment is my PM 6100/66 running OS 9.2 (sigh), so I'm having to jump through hoops to do this.

I'm trying to burn an ISO (Gentoo LiveCD) onto a CD. However, the only disc burning utilities I have are Toast 3.x.x and Toast 4.x.x, which came with the burner. All the online tutorials and forums I have browsed in the last couple hours say that Toast 5 Titanium (full version) is the only version of toast that can properly burn an ISO image to CD, outside of OS X.

Leaving aside the fact that that is stupid for the moment, does anyone know of a way to do this in OS 9 without Toast 5 Titanium? Is there any Shareware or freeware that can accomplish this? Thanks in advance for you help!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

How are you running MacOS 9.2 on your computer? The newest MacOS that supports the Power Macintosh 6100/66 is MacOS 9.1.

3. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Doh!

9.1 it is, I had been running 9.2 on all my other machines before I switched to Panther; forgot that I hit the ceiling with 9.1 on this old beast.

Any ideas on the ISO thing....anyone?

4. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

go to www.charismac.com* and download the free trial of Discribe*. Good for 5 burns. Don't know for sure if it does ISO's, but I think so.

*However, I don't know that the company or software themselves still exist.