ISP help!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by davidc2182, May 9, 2002.

1. davidc2182 macrumors regular

hey i've got a question, anyone know of a good and cheap dialup ISP that will work with both winblows and mac? i'm thinking like 10 bucks, because netzero has unlimited access for 10 bucks but i need something to use on my mac and pc, and aohell is at almost 25 dollars! its like they are forcing people to go broadband!

2. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Re: ISP help!

AT&T has some pretty good deals if you are a customer of their other services. It snot 10 bucks cheap, but its cheaper than most,a nd the quality is just fine. They use to have some really cheap deals, but cancelled them.

3. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Just a reminder: there's a section for mac help/questions. You may want pose questions there in future.

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

earthlink

I have been on Earthlink for over 5 years now, and have found them to support BOTH Mac's and peecee's. They list Mac systems in their help que, so that you get routed to a tech that knows the Mac OS and ,most times, your hardware. I think they have a time limited dialup account available, but it might have been pulled. I do know that their unlimited dial-up service includeds 8 email addresses and web pages for all 8 (10MB of space each). I have gone over to DSL with them, and have 6 email addresses (I am using all six for different things).

All in all, I have found that Earthlink's support to be excellent. When I had bad speeds (for DSL) they worked until it was fixed. I now see speeds over 1900Kb/sec (download) with most being between 1911Kb and 1940Kb (not too shabby). :D

Update... Since I have installed my new Airport Basestation (latest model), my wireless internet speeds seem to have gone up some. I now have been getting consistant speeds of between 1970Kbps and 1980Kbps. Most showing 1974-1976Kbps.

5. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

Attn: people in Australia

i can't help people in the US, but i just got advised today that Telstra Bigpond and Macs are not a good combination. apparently if you're on Telstra your connection will drop out every 30 seconds. this is suppesed to be because of the modems that Macs use.

6. gopher macrumors 65816