ISP letters and BitTorrent ...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mac000, Feb 12, 2007.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

Sep 6, 2005
    Has anyone ever received a letter from your Internet Service provider on the basis of Copywrite Infringement for downloading media over BitTorrent? What type of other action did you take or the ISP/another company take upon you?

I recently received notice from Comcast for downloading a EA Sports game over BitTorrent. I presume it is just EA Games noticing this copywrite violation not the RIAA or some other large group. I'm going to stay away from BitTorrent but I'm not going to get sued here am I? Should I just stay away from EA Games downloads?
  2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Well, download games if you want. Download music too. It's easier. Music blogs have albums up all the time, and you just need to click on the link and start downloading.

Just don't feel like a victim of something if they threaten to throw your ass in jail or sue you. ;) You're doing something illegal, and now you're asking for advice as though we're here to help?? Why? You know you're doing something illegal, so either continue what you're doing, or stop. is and has always been your choice.
  3. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

Apr 4, 2004
    Bay Area
    I believe the RIAA is bigger than EA Sports, so they probably do more tracking. However, I believe more people download music than sports games, so you'd probably be less likely to get caught downloading music.
  4. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

Nov 28, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    search the forums, i posted about two emails i got from them. after i recieved those two i kinda laid low for a few weeks and i haven't been as agressive downloading stuff as before. just lightly.
  5. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

Jan 8, 2005
    On the moon.
    I've never seen one of those letters.

I wont go into my downloading habits. ;)