Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trajen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
I restored my iPhone last night and couldn't find the ActivateMMS2G hack ANYWHERE. When I tried to add the iSpazio source in Cydia, I kept getting a popup stating the URL was invalid.

Does anyone know what's going on and if or when the iSpazio repo will be back up?

Me loves my MMS, Me no want to let it go. :(

IBradMac

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2008
Ohio
It appears to be, I tried to download something from there and it didn't work.
Try again later.

Bodah

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
I noticed it a couple of days ago.
I thought it was just my phone, so I didn't worry about it much.

trajen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Is there another source hosting the ActivateMMS2G hack? Does anyone have the developer/programmer's support email address?

Pekkle

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2007
Since ispazio repo is down, anyone by any chance know any other repo that hosts Rotation Inhibitor? the screen rotation drives me nuts, and I have no idea when ispazio is coming back online, and it seems that ispazio suffered the same problem earlier this year?

K1nG

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2009
I found a better solution, it didn't work yesterday just like ispazio, but it's up again. Add this repo: http://repo.sinfuliphone.com and install Enable MMS on 2G. If you don't see the camera icon in the messages app, then go into settings, messages, and make sure you enable mms. If you have t-mobile, the settings for it will automatically be there and the picture quality will not be distorted when you receive MMS. Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions.

Evilmonkee42

macrumors member
May 5, 2009
Ok, well at least now I've found confirmation that there's a problem with ispazio. Thought I had screwed up my phone.

Several days ago I got tired of waiting for saurik to come out with that easy patch for 3.01, so I updated, rejailbroke, and restored my phone(a bit more pita than I thought, even with pkgbackup but that's another story). I guess the timing was just a coincidence, or it had been down and I hadn't noticed. I tried restoring Rotation Inhibitor but it wouldn't install.

I had thought that apps like pkgbackup actually backed up installed apps, but it seems that it still needs to fetch them from their repositories to reinstall them. That really sucks.

I hope ispazio isn't down for good. I'd really like to get the Rotation Inhibitor back. Was also trying to install iTransmogrify. Thankfully, I didn't have anythign else that I use a lot installed from ispazio.

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
Im getting errors when trying to download LiveClock, i guess ispazio is still down, too bad theres no mirror for it.

is there a solution to getting LiveClock while their repo is down? its been days...

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Im getting errors when trying to download LiveClock, i guess ispazio is still down, too bad theres no mirror for it.

is there a solution to getting LiveClock while their repo is down? its been days...

I'm still looking for someone who has the .deb file for LiveClock.

Update: Corresponded with author Ryan Petrich, via E-mail. He advised iSpazio is having server problems (guess we all figured that with their history) and he believed they would be back up soon (???) . I requested an alternate DL site or E-mail access to his .deb files, but have not received a response on that yet.

RandomKamikaze

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
UK
This is still down and started to cause Cydia not to run. Crashed out on the 'Loading Data' screen when launching. Had to SSH in and delete just the iSpazio entry to make Cydia launch

trajen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
This is still down and started to cause Cydia not to run. Crashed out on the 'Loading Data' screen when launching. Had to SSH in and delete just the iSpazio entry to make Cydia launch

OH is this why Cydia hasn't been loading up?

What's the path for SSH? :)

sshams95

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2009
did a restore and re-JB a few days and i could not find MemTool....I feel better knowing that repository is down...I guess we wait until it comes back up

sankofas

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2009
Good to hear!

What is the new source address? I've tried ispaziorepo.com/cydia/apt/ and I get the message "Did not find repository."

GanjaManja

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2007
$$$$$$

The massive loss of iSpazio for weeks exemplifies perfectly why it's useful to actually make money.

I hope developers start doing the $0.99 things and actually help pay for these web servers!!! Most Cydia apps are expensive!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.