iSquint converted files no longer working on iPod 5G after firmware update?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by micha10589, Jan 20, 2006.

1. micha10589 macrumors member

micha10589

Hi, I read in some other Mac info site that, strangely, the 60 GB version of iPod with video no longer plays iSquint converted videos after the recent firmware update (for the radio remote).

Can anyone confirm this? And if so, has anyone any idea whether this could be fixed (going back to the previous firmware)?

I don't have an iPod with video yet, but I have started to convert my mpgs anyway (those who won't work with QT conversion) in the belief that I will be getting one sometime this year.

Thanks for any info on this.

2. emutree macrumors member

Yeah, it's a bug with the new firmware that only affects 60GB iPods, and not specifically from iSquint - Diggnation eps do the same thing on mine. It'll play fine for a minute, then scramble and the audio fools around, then it'll back out.
    I'm hoping Apple brings out an update very soon. In the meantime if you encode with h264 those are still playing fine for me (as are DVDs ripped with Handbrake Lite)
    EDIT: Ok I just tried the Diggnation ep in iTunes and it won't play after 2:50 in there either, so I guess it's a problem with the ep download (unless anyone else experienced it too).