Israel admits phosphorus bombing

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Gurutech, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Gurutech macrumors 6502

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6075408.stm

Great. Okay. So Lebanon, Iran, or North Korea can use these bombs on "military target" right?
    :rolleyes:

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Well, it's no secret that the US used in Iraq. My guess is that Israel was emboldened by the US use of it there and since the US is loathe to criticise Israel in any way, Israel figured they would get away with it.

3. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

and they probably will

4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Perhaps I'm cynical, but the voice in my head immediately says "They're admitting this in order to hide what?"

An interesting article from Common Dreams about strange internal injuries here.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Im not really bothered by this since Hezbollah was using unguided missiles on the civilians in Israel. I wonder when both sides will open their brainwashing books and read the part of though shalt not kill?

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I am. We're supposed to be the good guys. How can we or Israel say we're any better than those we call terrorists if we do the same things? That was our argument in those other threads about Israel vs. Hamas. We know they're terrorists, doesn't mean to fight them we have to be.

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Guns don't kill people- People kill people. It isn't the weapon that matters- it's the action. So what if they're using phosphorous? They're going after terrorists, while Hezbollah is going after civilians.

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

With guns.

Or phosphorus.

9. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Willy Pete is bad stuff--but very effective.

Against an enemy that's not located close to civilians, fine. Known numbers of non-combatants around? Big no-no, from a moral standpoint. Of course, HE is not your friend, either.

A major problem, nowadays: The Bad Guys know what the western nations' rules are, and take advantage of them at every opportunity. That's why folks like Hezbollah put their Katusha launchers adjacent to civilian buildings.

The part of all this that chaps me is that the Israelis used very little Willy Pete, and get fried over it. The Hezzies launched beaucoup Katushas at purely civilian targets and nobody seems to care.

'Rat

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I care.

Both sides have done their share of disgusting things, but one gets unconditional support (materiel and political) while the other receives condemnation.