Israel Bombs Beirut Airport

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Jul 12, 2006.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200607/s1685927.htm

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

...wondering how big this conflict is going to get...

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Wow, what a mature and intelligent option.

Why is that the people in positions of power act more like spoilt little school children than those with no say in matters of state?

4. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

If there is one thing I should give the Israelis credit for, is that they hold their soldiers in high regard. They don't even think twice about attacking another country over the abduction of two of their soldiers. Some how I get the feeling that the U.S. would not have done the same for theirs.

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

6. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Because people in power aren't used to hearing "no" when they want something.

This really, really scares me. Between the Jewish lobby and the Christian fundamentalists, I can only wonder how long it would take for the US to get militarily involved should anyone really have a go at Israel.

7. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

They aren't.

Look at the past behaviour of the Sharon/Olmert party and it is clear that their strategy is to provoke the Arabs (and then engage in a calculated strategy of overreaction) in order to abandon any pretence that there is possibility of negotiation. Then they will unilaterally impose a "solution" to the Palestine problem.

This has been their strategy since the late Sharon took a walk on the Temple Mount and scuttled the last peace attempt.

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that Israel will use this opportunity to force the rest of the Palestinians out of the whole or most of the West Bank (they don't care about Gaza).

The actions of the Israeli government might be evil and bigoted, but they aren't irrational.

8. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

A one-legged, wheezing elephant.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

What's worse than chaos? I think we're about to find out. Pretty sure this is a sign of the Apocalypse.

Not kidding... self fulfilling prophecy.

10. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

I don't blame Israel.. I mean, why the hell did the Hezbollah have to kidnap two israeli soldiers? Same with the palestinians.. the Israelis finally left Gaza, and the palestinians were back to their usual tactics.

I used to sympathize with the palestinians.. but it seems that they're just retards who are born to fight and get killed.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I would agree, they seem to hate Israel more then they love their children hence the never ending poverty in the whole region. You cant have anything if you are allways making war. Seems where Islam goes so do the terrorists. Looks like war, jihad hate & revenge is what they love. Live by the sword die by it. Perhaps they need to leave Israel alone and they wouldnt have these problems. Then they could build a nation, but they dont seem interested in that.

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You know, I usually despise protestwarrior.com, but here's 1 thing I agree with:

[​IMG]

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Right on Dont Hurt Me. :)

14. satty macrumors 6502

Do you think this pro-Israel propaganda justifies slaughtering dozens of innocent civilians (or do you call them "terrorists") a day?

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Who do you think gets killed when a suicide bomber walks into a shopping mall and blows himself up?

Not saying I support killing innocent civilians, because I don't, but Israel is taking out strategic targets and keeping civilian deaths to a minumum unlike other countries.

16. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I agree with Zim, I'm beginning to get a little worried. Gas prices may be the least of our concerns soon. The US is involved in Afghanistan & Iraq, and Israel is now moving into Lebanon. Iran is a wild card, with so many voices, but no real leader. Where will they fall? And if Syria is a proxy of Iran...

17. satty macrumors 6502

You don't support it, but maybe you don't care too much either. The American President definitely doesn't care how many cilvilians are killed as long as they are not on "our" side.

When did the last suicide bomber strike in Israel?
    I am pretty sure (one of) the best equipped armee of the world killed dozens maybe over a hundred of innocent civilists since and nearly nobody in the western world gives a sh*t. Why do you not expect a minimum of 0?

I only hope that they never get the chance to revenge our governments ignorance and blind support in the region. Even with all the blown up trains and buildings on western soil, we still have a much saver lifestyle compared to the one the western world enforced onto the people there.

18. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

A minimum like the ten (10) children they killed yesterday in Lebanon.

19. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i don't understand the point that graphic is trying to make....

this is scary news. maybe i'm wrong, but isn't lebanon a sovereign nation?? hmmm

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Perhaps I was misunderstood. I don't support war at all and wish they would all live in peace. Obviously, that's not happening. I don't support either of them fighting, but as long as it's going on and I have to choose sides, I hope Israel kicks their ass.

21. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

based on what? i don't know that you "have to choose sides"...

can you explain your interpretation of the graphic you posted? i'm not sure how to take it... i can see it pointing out that israel is a tiny piece of land in an otherwise muslim part of the world, therefore they should get lost. or posing the opposite point that since it's such a tiny piece of land, the palestinians should just leave them be and go to some other muslim area... hm

22. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

In the inevitable back-and-forth about suicide bombers and heavy-handed Israeli military tactics in the discussion of Palestine/Israel, I have to ask which is the more important question - "How?" or "Why?".

Another hypothetical question:

How would you suppose our opinions would differ (if at all) if the situation was somehow reversed - If there was a small, relatively new Islamic and/or Arab country surrounded by Western Nations? This country was more advanced militarily and economically and was supported by a powerful diaspora in a generally more advanced (and distant) Islamic Civilization?

23. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Bingo.

And why choose sides? I suppose I don't, but being Jewish (by ethnicity, I believe all religion is bull**** though) naturally I'm going to side with Israel.

24. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i'm american, but don't always side with the choices our leaders make. however, i see your point.

as for the graphic... i don't think it's quite so simple.