Israel has plans for nuclear strike on Iran: paper

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 7, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

reuters

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Well Derrrrr......

They've probably got a plan to nuke everybody if the situation arises. Same as every other country with a decent nuclear arsenal.

Except of course North Korea who could nuke a small chicken coop on the outskirts of Pyongyang.

3. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I was just reading this and about to make a thread, it is very frightening to think of a nuclear attack.

If a scenario along these lines occur all hell will break loose. But I agree with Chundles, all countries have drafts.

Link

4. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

israel is denying the story.

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

since israel continues to deny that it has nuclear weapons, it isn't surprising that they would deny that they've made plans to use weapons they deny they have....

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Irans plants could be destroyed by conventional means. Nukes arent needed.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

how big the pink elephant have to be before israel admit it? its just ridiculously ridiculous.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So I guess soon the US won't hold the title of being the only country to use a nuclear weapon on another country.....and we worry about others having nukes :rolleyes:

9. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

10. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

yeah!

well, Georege W. basically said the same about iraq's WMD.....and Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Pelosi, Blair, etc. agreed (amongst others, all of whom would prefer to change the subject....)

heck, even the French agreed, they just didn't agree about what to do about those pink elephants in iraq

damn pink elephants should be banned!

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Being partially Jewish myself, I want to defend Israel. But this type of thing makes it really hard. I guess I can offer constructive criticism, though I'm sure it falls on deaf ears, and simply point out the fact that when they do things like this, it isn't helping. If true, it's only going to incite more hatred against itself.

I criticize the US for the same reasons. Because I want it to be better and refuse to accept things like this. Not saying I excuse the actions of others, but it doesn't mean we (or Israel) need to be just as bad when dealing with them. If not worse.

12. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I dont want to offend anyone but Israel (the country) is a bit mental isnt it?

Didnt they attack some German warships not long ago?

13. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Does that mean that World War III is starting ???

Let me put on my raincoat before the shells hit

14. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

At least you are in SLC...I'm guessing somewhere near the U - you should be able to get into the mountains easily enough. I'm stuck here near DC with nowhere to escape to....

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Just be sure you have plenty of duct tape and some polythene sheeting.

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

How do you think I feel. I live in L.A., and I'm in S.F. right now. According to Pat Robertson, God says I'll be doomed either way. :shrugs: What are you gonna do I guess, everyone gets killed eventually.

17. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I haven't heard about the German ships, but in 1967, Israel attacked the USS Liberty during the Six-Day War, killing 34 sailors.

As for plans regarding Iran, this is a common practice. Drawing up tactical plans protects against contingencies and gives staff officers something to do. There's nothing surprising about this at all and I'm sure the existence of this plan was leaked with the Iranians in mind.