Israel threatens Palestine for kidnapping

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Dont Hurt Me, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

CNN reports http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/27/israel.soldier/index.html Israel threatens action over Hamas tunneling under a wall, killing a couple of soldiers then kidnapping one and taking him back. Hamas,PLO,Palestine , whatever these people are calling themself these days they are asking for it. Israel says it will not make compromises with terror. Getting ready to send in the tanks.

2. Qoxiivi macrumors regular

Qoxiivi

Israel has never compromised with regards to terror...

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Two bridges bombed.

Power plant bombed.

Troops entering Gaza.

Link.

How many deaths are enough, I wonder.

4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Except when it's practising it of course (maybe that's what you mean).As noted ^^^ this looks serious.

5. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I cant blame Israel , they have shown tolerance in the upmost. The palestinians hate Israel more then they love their kids or their kids future I have concluded meaning Palestine will allways be what it is. A terror state going nowhere making sure poverty follows for all its people. Live by the sword.........

6. iGary Guest

iGary

You still believe this? :rolleyes:

7. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I'm sick about hearing this. Why don't we clear everyone out and just nuke the whole ****ing area? If they want to squabble like a bunch of brats, then we'll take their toy away from both of them.

8. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

You don't? :confused:

9. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

When the Israelis send rockets into crowded areas and know it will kill innocents they are talk of in terms of "limited response" but when Palestinians target military targets they are "terrorists"? Don't get me wrong, I hope the Israeli soldier is freed, but the double standard here is appalling. I'm afraid it has become a case of, in some people's eyes, the Israelis can do no wrong and the Palestinians always are wrong.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wait, if the US had tunneled under a wall, killed a couple of Iraqi insurgents, and took one prisoner, would you call them terrorists? Would you say the military action was illegal?

How is this anything other than a military action?

11. iGary Guest

iGary

No, I don't.

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Have you forgotten to take your tablets again?

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i don't remember when "we" gave them the toy to begin with...

14. iGary Guest

iGary

Oh, we give them plenty of toys each year.

15. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i guess i took the toy to be the land.

and i'd say we certainly give many more toys to israel, of course...

16. iGary Guest

iGary

Of course, they are the good guys. :rolleyes:

17. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It most likely is, maybe they should just have a open war and get it over? As long as Palestinian's are doing these kinds of things Israel will have to respond in kind. Lets face it Palestine has been at war with Israel since 1948. I think Israel has had enough, just go bomb the sh.. out of em like we did Saddam. Seems to be the only thing these guys understand. Im sure we will have to resort to the same thing in Iran. Give em a choice of the stick and carrot they seem to love that stick.

18. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

And the Americans should have stood in lines to be mowed down by British regiments at Concord and Lexington. What makes you think guerrilla war tactics equate to "terrorism"? And I'm sure it is just some crazy fault in the Palestinian character that makes them choose war over acquiescence to occupation. I'm sure you would accept the reality of occupation of the US and refuse to help in any attempt to throw the occupiers out after a couple of generations. Damn fools can't just get over the fact they have no right to a homeland of there own! DHM, take a step back and look at what you are asking millions of Palestinians to do.

19. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Press just reported that Israelis F15 war planes just flew over the Syrian presidents home. Hamas has to stop the terror acts and recognize Israel, Israel isnt going to just sit around and let these guys do whatever they want with Syria's help. Will Hamas ever figure out they can have more, have better lives for themself and their children without the terror acts? Or continue the terror and watch yourself get bombed. Its a easy choice. I am for a palestinian state, but keep it up and they will have nothing except a lot of dead and no state,no future.

20. iGary Guest

iGary

Oh, so you're for Israel violating other country's airspaces just for the whoop of it?

You're for a Palestinian State, as long as they lay down and do whatever they're told.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And there are people just like you urging the Palestinians on by saying that as long as Israelis are doing these kinds of things, Palestinians will have to respond in kind.

That sort of eye-for-an-eye BS is what keeps this conflict going.

Although I do agree with you that Hamas should recognize Israel and stop calling for it's destruction. But that would take an act of political will equal to GWB declaring that he recognizes al-Qaeda as a legitimate political entity, and you KNOW that ain't gonna happen.

22. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Nope but you have to look at the current event, They dug a tunnel and killed two soldiers and kidnapped a soldier. This is suppose to be Israels fault? How do you spin it like that? responding to igary

23. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Do you applaud the possibility of an escalation of this to a wider regional war? How can such tactics be helpful? Is the Israelis' fly-by an illegal act of aggression or are the Israelis exempt from international law? DHM, take a look at what you are accepting in the name of "fighting terrorism."

24. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Does it matter? I mean, let's face it, when you have two kids arguing over a toy, what do you do? You take it from both of them. Problem solved. It's really the same thing here. Both of them believe this place to be holy land for THEIR religion. So they fight over it.

Religion is the worst thing that man could make up. It's nothing but finger pointing and BS.

Since neither of them will recognize peace, either we tell them both to ****, or tell them both to really go at it and fight each other. Whoever wins, get the land. Enough with this back and forth, he said she said crap. Cut the foreplay and get on with it already. It's been over 50 years now (well, really over 2000).

25. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

War is never a good thing but sometimes you have to beat it into someones head before the light goes on. Saddam was one example and we all know about the years and years of terrorist attacks on innocent civilians in Israel. Iam amazed at the restraint shown because if lil old me was in charge I would bomb them back into the stone age, grab more land and then make it clear next time it will be worse. Enough is enough, If Hamas and Syria want war then lets give it to em only this time I wouldnt give back one inch of land. Thats what they get for being a-holes and starting all this crap again after electing Hamas.