Israelian 'protection wall" illegal according to ICJ

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by takao, Jul 9, 2004.

1. takao macrumors 68040

takao

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Of course the UN won't do anything. The US will veto any effort to censure/punish/talk badly about Israel.

You have to wonder how much our one-sided treatment of the Israel/Palestine problem has contributed to our current woes. But that's fodder for another thread.

3. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

I see nothing wrong if Israel did simply build a wall to seperate themselves from Palestine even if it took some of so called Palestinian lands. However it seems that maybe, from what I heard they did more than that. I would be curious to see the actual path of the wall in relationship to the actual towns on both sides of that wall.

Walling off west bank so they can't walk to Gaza is ok, in my opinion because they would have to walk accross Israel's territory between the two. Not Israels fault Palestinian claim land that use to belong to two different countries on either side of Israel.

However, if Palestinians took care of their criminal element who constantly barrage the Israelites with suicide bombers then Israel wouldn't need to build the loussy wall. What is the alternative that Israel just sites there while their citizens get blown up by Palestinian suicide bombers. What if Israel did nothing, did not retaliate, did not build the wall do you honestly think the suicide bombings would stop?