Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ldstern

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I have installed Vista RC1 on my MBP. After initial installation, I installed the ATI Vista beta drivers. Every time I boot into Vista or resume from standby, the display properties window automatically opens up. I have checked the Startup items folder and no references to "display properties" are present. I ran MSCONFIG and again, no references to display properties exist in the startup items tab. When I use task manager to look at running processes after bootup, there is a second "rundlll32" that "closes" after I quit the display properties window. I have seen a few references to this issue on other forums after performing a search but have not found any solutions.

Anyone have any ideas for a solution ??? Thanks

Swarmlord

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
ldstern said:
I have installed Vista RC1 on my MBP. After initial installation, I installed the ATI Vista beta drivers. Every time I boot into Vista or resume from standby, the display properties window automatically opens up. I have checked the Startup items folder and no references to "display properties" are present. I ran MSCONFIG and again, no references to display properties exist in the startup items tab. When I use task manager to look at running processes after bootup, there is a second "rundlll32" that "closes" after I quit the display properties window. I have seen a few references to this issue on other forums after performing a search but have not found any solutions.

Anyone have any ideas for a solution ??? Thanks

Install XP sp2 until Microsoft actually finishes Vista?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.