Issue with wifi certificates

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by thesage, Jun 12, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

The main problem I'm having is with accepting wifi certificates from a secured works network.

Home wifi isn't an issue.

From work there is a certificate to accept, and the accept button doesn't work, which means I can't log on to the wifi network at all.

2. macrumors regular

Yep, you're not alone. I started another thread on this issue. I think if it weren't for this bug I would have stayed on iOS7 a little longer, but I realy on my works WiFi way too much. Bummer. I'm sure it'll be fixed in the next beta.

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors member

I got round this problem by using the iPhone Configuration Utility and creating a profile with the security certificate inside it and uploading it to my phone.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopefully enough people will report this as I think it's pretty basic stuff...but this is the purpose of a beta, to find these things, so I'm not mad.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

How did you do this Weavus? It's something I"m going to look at doing and see if it can work for me.

7. macrumors newbie

Weavus that works !!!

Wow, Weavus it worked for me I had to fiddle a little bit to match it with my Wifi configuration but for my work place it worked very cool.

Thanks for the tip.

8. macrumors 68000

I just did an iCloud restore from iOS 6 and my certificate remained. Thankfully.

9. macrumors newbie

Yes, this works perfectly, I can confirm it. (Iphone 4S)

10. macrumors regular

I am with most of you. I reverted back to 6.1.4 because of WiFi, but I also had issues with the music app.