Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyomagi

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
two really weird things are happening with the ipad i bought with 5.1.1 that i am jailbreaking.

First issue is start up, it takes FOREVER

Just timed it at 1:55 seconds

Second thing is, when i hold the power button to turn it off, this happens

http://postimage.org/image/h1m346vkr/

wtf is wrong with this thing?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Is it jailbroken now? Looks like it thinks it's an iPhone, which happened with some JB iPads.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Hard reset it to wipe it clean. Previously owner probably messed things up with JB.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
no need to be rude.

I actually found a way to reinstall Cydia and i saved my blobs

on a side note, anyone got an idea what the deal is with the long load time

Saving the blobs now won't help you, if I recall correctly. That's something you need to do before the new version of iOS is released.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
A jailbroken iPad 2 should reboot in about 35-45 seconds (on mine that includes the time to reload LockInfo).
An original iPad will take longer due to slower processor.

If you feel that is an excessive time, you need to restore to clean firmware to fix the issue.

kyomagi

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
there lies the problem. I went and first wiped the ipad and when it started to reboot...bam stuck on the apple logo. it can enter DFU mode, but it wont even update to ios6, it gives a general error. after fighting with the guy for selling me a bad ipad, i had to get ebay involved, and im shipping it out today. Also picking up a 64gb ipad 3 jailbroken with some high end case for $500 today.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
there lies the problem. I went and first wiped the ipad

You caused your own problem. This should never be done with a jailbroken device. Odds are, there was never anything wrong with the first iPad.

Before you do anything with your iPad3, ask here first or better yet, search and read here first.

Last edited:

kyomagi

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
You caused your own problem. This should never be done with a jailbroken device. Odds are, there was never anything wrong with the first iPad.

so wait, erasing all settings is a bad thing? So the boot time being super long and there being other issues had all been made by erasing the settings?

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
so wait, erasing all settings is a bad thing? So the boot time being super long and there being other issues had all been made by erasing the settings?

Did you try searching this forum for 'erase'? Seventh thread listed.

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
You cannot use Erase all Settings on a jailbroken device. Thats JB 101.

Also, the first iPad was limited to 5.1.1, it never got ios 6. So you dont need blobs to restore it. You never mentioned which iPad it was?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
@OP

Try restarting it in save-mode, turn it off and hold volume-up while restarting.

After that restart it again normal.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

Yes its bad on a jb device.
You messed it up NOT the seller then ;)

kyomagi

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
Yes its bad on a jb device.
You messed it up NOT the seller then ;)

TBH The seller was not honest about a few other things on the ipad, there were dents and dings and scratches that he said did not exist. But neither here nor there, the thing would not start any longer, so i returned it to him for a refund. He already said hes going to take it to apple for a new one.

but lucky me, i went to the store today to get a ipad 3 for $330 new with 1 year warranty, and wouldent you know, it had 5.1.1 on it.

so freaking lucky

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.