Istanbul Apple Store Taking Shape Ahead of April Launch

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 25, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Turkey's first Apple Store is nearing completion, as seen in new photos posted by Turkish Apple blog ElmaDergisi (via AppleToolbox). Taken on March 24 and 25, the images show the progress on the upcoming Istanbul location.

[​IMG]
    Located in the heart of Istanbul's multi-use Zorlu Center, the store is said to feature a concept that includes a design with a cubic glass ceiling. As can be seen in the photos, the wooden frame covering the building has been removed, but the structure itself, said to be entirely glass, remains under wraps.

According to Apple CEO Tim Cook, the Istanbul store will be unique among Apple retail locations, spanning more than 20,000 square feet with a portion of the store located underground.

[​IMG]
    The Istanbul Apple Store is rumored to open on Friday, April 4. Both Tim Cook and Turkish president Abdullah Gül are both expected to attend the opening.

Article Link: Istanbul Apple Store Taking Shape Ahead of April Launch

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors 65816

Gudi

I'm curious, is there a list of all Apple Stores ordered by size in square meters? :confused:

4. macrumors 68000

Cuban Missles

My heart is in Camagüey, the rest in the USA
    Funny to see an Apple store being built in front of Crate and Barrel store in Istanbul. Just saying...

5. macrumors 6502

6. macrumors regular

the president?

I can see inviting the mayor or governor, but the president himself almost makes this a political endorsement.

Also if the shape is as it appears from the outside, connections have already been made with NYC store and a certain location revered as holy by many Turks. If they see that symbol used as a bastion of consumerism and affluenza they will either be really honored or really upset, but I would almost put my money on the latter.

Royal Dutch Shell performs constant global "what if" games to prepare for even the most unlikely global or regional crisis and hopefully avoid them. I hope Apple did likewise with this building.

7. macrumors newbie

I wonder if the iDevices that will be sold in that Apple Store will have a customised version of iOS without Twitter integration :D

8. macrumors 68020

jayducharme

I assume that will be concrete or pavement surrounding the cube. But right now it looks like a reflecting pool, and that would look awesome: a glass cube surrounded by a moat, a neo-modernist castle. They could have a glass drawbridge for the entrance.

9. macrumors 68000

I don't think I would feel safe working there.

10. macrumors 6502

This is in Istanbul? Not Constantanople?

11. jayducharme, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014

macrumors 68020

jayducharme

It's nobody's business but the Turk's.

12. macrumors newbie

13. macrumors 6502a

melendezest

Dude, is that a skatepark next to it? That'd be sweet.

14. macrumors 68020

jayducharme

15. macrumors 68030

Arran

At first glance I thought it was Cristo up to his old tricks. That, or Hajj.

Attached Files:

16. macrumors newbie

Well,let's put it this way.

Christopher Columbus's voyage to the America in 1492
    The USA was founded On July 4, 1776.
    What was it called before 1776 or even 1492?

And we call one of our nicest cities Istanbul since 29th May 1453.It's simple as that :)