ISub Locks OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by AngusB, Jul 2, 2002.

1. AngusB macrumors member

Hey Gang,

Has anyone had any trouble with the ISub crashing OS X. I have an LCD I-Mac and it is a guarantee that if I am using ITunes and the ISub while surfing the net, the system will crash. And I mean crash hard! The ISub dies, the pro speakers start sounding tinny, and the cursor won't move on screen. It takes a power off reboot to get the thing going again.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else was seeing this.

AngusB

2. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

That's very strange, I ahd an iSub at one time before I gave it ot my father so he could us it with his TiBook, I never ahd any problems with it...I really don't know, if you boot up with it plugged in, anything happen? hat odes it say in the Audio section of the Sys. Prefs.? Hope it works out...

3. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I had massive problems with two different iSubs and my new iMac. I never had the crashing of the OS that you're describing, but for me, after an hour or so the iSub would just start crackling and the Pro Speakers would sound really far away and tinny. The first time I thought it was a fluke. I exchanged the iSub, and when the same thing happened and I took the second one back, the guys at the Apple Store said the problems with the iSub and the new iMac are a "known issue" (WhateverTF that means). I haven't tried again.

4. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

are you plugging the sub into the keyboard or the mac itself?

5. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

I may recommend to do what Cleo says, and exchange it for some other speakers, there are some other very nice ones out there...why deal with this crap? There is no need to, jsut go return it, best advice I can offer

6. AngusB thread starter macrumors member

I originally had it plugged into the back of the I-Mac. Yesterday I moved it to the Keyboard and haven't had a lockup yet...

Angus