iSync and 10.4.6 *caution*

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tweakers_suck, Apr 3, 2006.

1. tweakers_suck macrumors regular

iSync has been updated to version 2.2. If you have a phone or other device be sure to read the info artilcles before you apply 10.4.6 update.

I didn't realize that I should sync my cell phone before the update, now I cannot get my computer to recognize my phone.

Grrrrr.

Verizon RAZR V3c.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303419

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Yeah, I hate to see what happens when I try to sync my Treo. Should be craptacular.

3. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I didn't read that, but luckily all I had to do was re-add my phone to iSync and I've had no problems. The calendar now syncs correctly, so I'm very happy with the update

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Google "RAZR V3c iSync" - you need an iSync patch to sync with that phone, don't know how you were doing it before, but I have heard it has worked for some people. Anyway, get the patch.

God, I hope my v265 still syncs.

5. tweakers_suck thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I was using the plug-in before 10.4.6. Now the plug-in doesn't work even with a reinstall.

bugger.....

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

They'll probably release a new version.

I just tried to sync my v265, wouldn't recognize it, then I did something (I seriously forgot) and now it recognizes it again and I sync'd up the address books. :D I love iSync.

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I have a V3 Razr.

Did the whole merge and sync, and then deleted the duplicates on the phone.

Update went fine.

8. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Apple now lists the V3c as a supported phone model in the new version of iSync, so theoretically, you should be able to use it without a plug in now. I'm waiting to see how things work out before I update. I usually update as soon as the update is available, but syncing with my Verizon V3c is working fine right now with Brian Toth's plug in, and I don't want to break that.

9. tweakers_suck thread starter macrumors regular

I finally was able to get my Verizon RAZR V3c phone to sync again. I had to find the old plug-in and trash it.

I was using Brian Toth's plug-in and I liked it a lot because it supported contacts and calendar syncing. iSync 2.2 only offers support for contacts. I followed Brian's method to edit the appropriate file and allow iSync to unofficially support Calendar too.

http://www.briantoth.com/razr_v3c/editmeta.php

Except I replaced 'false' with 'true' under "supportsCalendarsync" key and saved my changes. My V3c now allows for both contacts and calendars syncing.

razr.jpg