iSync and iPod problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mad jew, Mar 20, 2005.

1. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry, I posted a slightly similar thread about a week ago but I can't find it, which is a bit weird. So, I had to make another...

OK, I've been using iSync with my iPod for about the last six months but I haven't actually been using it as such (checking my iPod) until recently. I've posted somewhere else that I'm having trouble getting the times in iCal to sync properly - sometimes they're half an hour out, sometimes more, and sometimes a mixture of errors but never the actual times. Secondly, I've just noticed that it sometimes completely forgets to sync some of the events. Once again the problem is random in that it's not like whole calendars are missing or anything, it's just the occasional event. Thirdly, it syncs all of my To Do lists (annoying but fair enough) but it stores them in no particular order whatsoever. It's really weird.

I've tried repairing permissions, unfortunately to no avail (has anyone actually ever had a problem solved by repairing permissions?). I've tried playing around with timezones but once again, no real luck.

This is really starting to bug me though, because I was getting all inspired to start using my iPod to keep track of what's happening in my uni life but it's just too plain unreliable. This doesn't seem like the Apple we know and love. Does anyone have any similar problems with iSync? Has anyone got a work-around? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

You mean this thread...? ;)

I had some problems with my mini when I upgraded it from 1.1 to 1.2 (I think it was), and eventually I fixed it by restoring the iPod completely... When you updated the 4G with the iPod Updater 2005-22-02, did you do an upgrade or a full restore...?

3. mad jew thread starter Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Thanks for the link. It's just not my day it seems. When I searched the forums it just comes up with 'no threads' which is a bit weird. I just assumed the mods had ditched it.

Anyway, I've done a full restore with the second-to-last updater because the latest update, even though it's the same software, somehow makes the icon disappear. Both updates give me bad syncing with iCal though. :(

Anyway, the thing is, I've been thinking of getting a new 60gig because I've well and truly run out of space but if this iSync problem is an issue with all iPods then I won't bother for a while. I'll hold off until we get 80gig iPods with more reliable software. On the other hand, if it's an isolated incidence, Apple Store, here I come! :D